The Walrus Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ wifi was not the most reliable ”
- 02 Jan 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel is great, and the bar downstairs isn't a problem! They closed 11 pm and the noise doesn't annoy in the rooms. They doesn't have a lift (elevator) but it's ok, the Michal help us to go upstairs with the bags and wait for us until midnight. ”
- 30 Dec 2016 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Amazing! Right next to Waterloo (seriously, RIGHT next to it) which made it a bit noisy at times but I'm a deep sleeper so it didn't bother me. There's a pub on the ground floor which is a mixture of a living room and a bar, quite nice ambiance if I do say so, and they also serve breakfast there in the AM. The shower/bathrooms are decent, nothing special. The staff are all SUPER friendly, I can't stress that enough. When you check in they give your a thorough tour and answer any questions. A+++ ”
- 15 Sep 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ I don't recommend this hostel if you want to have a good sleep; the trains pass really close to the hostel so there is constantly loud noise even at night. It's stop a bit between 1 am & 3 am, but still, there is still trains that are passing. Recommendations for improvement : that would be good if the hostel can give maps and indications on what to do (it was my first time in Europe and in London, no one introduced me to the city and the areas). Breakfast is ordinary (toasts & cereals). No AC. ”
- 21 Aug 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ The staff are nice and helpful, and the hostel is in a handy location near Waterloo station. But the place is very dirty. The toilets had sanitary bins over flowing, the showers looked like they'd never been cleaned. I woke up with two bug bites on my foot. Everything seemed covered in a layer of grime. To end on a more positive note though, a nice breakfast was included. ”
- 04 Jul 2016 Anonymous Ireland
- “ Well oiled machine, lots of staff that keep the place in tip top shape and are nothing but kind and helpful. Next to the Waterloo station and not terribly far from hopping areas of London! ”
- 12 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA