The Walrus Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was extremely hot in the evenings, especially on the top bunk of the top floor where the standup fan could not reach. All outlets were ground level which meant plug-ins for the top bunk was inconvenient (waking people up to plug in or stop alarm, etc.). No hot water in shower on my last night. ”
- 05 Jul 2017 Anonymous Canada
- “ The location of the hostel was absolutely incredible. So central and easy to walk to anywhere all over London city. The hostel is also located right next to two train stations, this makes it easy to get around on the trains, however can get loud at night time as the trains start at 4am. Breakfast is included in the price paid for the hostel and consists of toast, cereal, and juice. the room was cozy and tidy and the facilities were also very clean. Thehostel gave free wifi and a good connection. ”
- 18 Jun 2017 Aleesha Australia
- “ wifi was not the most reliable ”
- 02 Jan 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel is great, and the bar downstairs isn't a problem! They closed 11 pm and the noise doesn't annoy in the rooms. They doesn't have a lift (elevator) but it's ok, the Michal help us to go upstairs with the bags and wait for us until midnight. ”
- 30 Dec 2016 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Amazing! Right next to Waterloo (seriously, RIGHT next to it) which made it a bit noisy at times but I'm a deep sleeper so it didn't bother me. There's a pub on the ground floor which is a mixture of a living room and a bar, quite nice ambiance if I do say so, and they also serve breakfast there in the AM. The shower/bathrooms are decent, nothing special. The staff are all SUPER friendly, I can't stress that enough. When you check in they give your a thorough tour and answer any questions. A+++ ”
- 15 Sep 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ I don't recommend this hostel if you want to have a good sleep; the trains pass really close to the hostel so there is constantly loud noise even at night. It's stop a bit between 1 am & 3 am, but still, there is still trains that are passing. Recommendations for improvement : that would be good if the hostel can give maps and indications on what to do (it was my first time in Europe and in London, no one introduced me to the city and the areas). Breakfast is ordinary (toasts & cereals). No AC. ”
- 21 Aug 2016 Anonymous Canada