The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ We stayed here two nights. It is a little further from downtown/the thick of things than we would have liked, but the price was right. It was very clean. The manager was very nice and welcoming. The atmosphere was also nice. They were having Thanksgiving dinner for everyone the day we left, so we didn't get to participate, but I thought it was a really nice touch! ”
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Just to clarify something for others who may be reading this: When staying in Columbus you DO NOT want to be staying downtown. I know this is counterintuitive to what many travelers expect, but everything downtown closes at 6pm here and the place is a ghost town after dark. All of the action is North of downtown (tons of bars, restaurants, galleries, shops, museums, stadiums, etc...) closer to our location. We will find ways to better communicate this.
- 21 Nov 2014 Kyndall USA
- “ I enjoyed my stay. There are several free perks like laundry, bike rental, and lockers. The staff were knowledgeable about local events and helpful with transportation options. Columbus is a pretty cool city. ”
- 25 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I have absolutely no complaints about this hostel. Very well ran. Robbie and Ray were both very easy to get along with, very helpful in answering any questions and all in all very welcoming. The hostel itself is incredibly clean and tidy with plenty of space to relax and meet other travellers. I could certainly reccommend this hostel. ”
- 14 Oct 2014 Michael England
- “ Adorable, clean, and in a nice neighborhood. The neighbors and other travelers were nice and helpful. Did not meet any staff but they left lock codes easily accessible for our late arrival. ”
- 22 Aug 2014 katherine
- “ This was my first experience in using a hostel and hopefully won't be my last. The experience was great. As stated above everything was excellent. Clean, friendly, secure, among others. This place had everything I needed, computers, kitchen facilities, bikes, lockers, and clean beds and linens. Look forward to using this place again in the future. ”
- 23 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The Wayfaring Buckeye was a great place to spend two weeks. The community is awesome, with people working or studying or just passing through. Everyone chipped in to make it a friendly, helpful place. The few nights I came back too tired to cook, someone was always around to offer me dinner and a beer. There was free laundry, which I desperately needed on day 10, great kitchen facilities, a bicycle that got me to and from class everyday, and wonderful staff! Definitely recommend! ”
- 08 Jun 2014 Nancy USA
- “ This Hostel looked like a small house when I saw it from the front but was bigger than I thought and it was pretty good when compared to the price. I enjoyed staying there with a kind roommate who showed me a Italian restaurant which served fantastic dishes. ”
- 29 Apr 2014 Anonymous South Korea
- “ Outstanding experience. I look forward to the next one. Truly a home away from home. ”
- 25 Apr 2014 Sharon USA
- “ This is one of the nicest, cleanest, best-equipped, and convenient hostels I've ever stayed in. I felt like a houseguest at a friend's house. I'll never stay anywhere else in Columbus. ”
- 11 Apr 2014 Jamie USA