The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I only stayed for a night, but it was a great experience. Very helpful staff and great accommodations- certainly more than I was expecting for what I paid. Free breakfast is provided until 11 am and they rent out bikes. Parking was plentiful (I arrived by car), and it's a relatively nice neighborhood. There's a hot tub in the back, and a vegetable garden out front, so, if they are ripe, fresh vegetables are given out to guests. This hostel is a great experience, and I will likely return here. ”
- 23 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ A very nice hostel in which I would stay at again. As I arrived I bumped in to the manager who was leaving but offered to give me a tour of the hostel and made me feel very welcome in doing so. One of the employees was very helpful in helping me find the best shops in which I could replace some clothes that had been stolen in another city. Just a very nice hostel with great staff. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous England
- “ Loved it. Robbie was very helpful and patient- I got mixed up getting there on the bus (it is somewhat confusing). Bed there is better than the one I have at home. And free breakfast was nice. I would like to return ”
- 29 May 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Wonderfully secure! Easy check-in/-out even after regular business hours. Other hostels should take notes from this hostel. ”
- 21 Apr 2015 Wynette USA
“ We stayed here two nights. It is a little further from downtown/the thick of things than we would have liked, but the price was right. It was very clean. The manager was very nice and welcoming. The atmosphere was also nice. They were having Thanksgiving dinner for everyone the day we left, so we didn't get to participate, but I thought it was a really nice touch! ”
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Just to clarify something for others who may be reading this: When staying in Columbus you DO NOT want to be staying downtown. I know this is counterintuitive to what many travelers expect, but everything downtown closes at 6pm here and the place is a ghost town after dark. All of the action is North of downtown (tons of bars, restaurants, galleries, shops, museums, stadiums, etc...) closer to our location. We will find ways to better communicate this.
- 21 Nov 2014 Kyndall USA
- “ I enjoyed my stay. There are several free perks like laundry, bike rental, and lockers. The staff were knowledgeable about local events and helpful with transportation options. Columbus is a pretty cool city. ”
- 25 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I have absolutely no complaints about this hostel. Very well ran. Robbie and Ray were both very easy to get along with, very helpful in answering any questions and all in all very welcoming. The hostel itself is incredibly clean and tidy with plenty of space to relax and meet other travellers. I could certainly reccommend this hostel. ”
- 14 Oct 2014 Michael England