The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I had a really great time at the Wayfaring Buckeye! My private room was right next to the bathroom, and everything was clean and attractive. They had free bicycles, and all the amenities, The man who runs the place, I think his name was Pete, gave me a tour of the facilities, and he was available and so nice. The place is in a regular neighborhood very close to campus and downtown. The common room was comfortable and very conducive to conversation. Good choice!! ”
- 14 Nov 2013 Susan USA
- “ This is not the nicest hostel I have stayed in, but the price and location could not be beat! If you are ever looking for a cheap place to stay near the OSU campus, this place is perfect. Breakfast options were great, with fresh homemade bread. The staff is willing to help you get around and find what you need. There is free wi-fi that works well as well as computers for guest use. ”
- 19 Oct 2013 Jeanne USA
- “ A friend of mine and I stayed at this hostel to run the Columbus half-marathon, and I am so glad we stayed here! As soon as we got there, the staff was very friendly and organized. We stayed in a nice little room with bunk-beds, a desk, and places to hang coats/towls/etc. The room was very clean. The other travelers and staff were very social so it was fun getting to know everyone. The staff was very accommodating, and he was very helpful in making our stay fun! ”
- 19 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I didn't expect I could get so much service and hospitality here! It was just one of the best hostels I've ever stayed! There are lots of facilities & service like washing machine, breakfast with homemade bread, and even bikes for lending! I hoped I could stay for longer because I kind of only wanted to find a place to get a nice sleep but it turned out that this was not just a place for sleeping. Recommended to other people who want to explore Columbus! ”
- 11 Aug 2013 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ Great place to crash in Columbus - staff and guests very friendly and helpful, everything was clean and in good shape. A bit off the main drag, but they have bikes and there are buses. ”
- 24 May 2013 Anonymous USA
“ This is was a very comfortable, homey, and quiet hostel. I had a nice private room: no complaints! Staff were helpful, courteous, and communicative. The only thing that concerns me is that it appears that the key codes do not change between guests. I know this because I found a card from a previous guest that had the exact same codes on it! This means that, in theory, anyone who stayed in the room before me could enter at will. For a woman travelling alone, this was not reassuring! ”
We do actually change our keycodes, however it is not possible to change them between each and every guest. I cannot post the specific details for the world to see, but they get changed no greater than once per week and our front door codes are changed on a different schedule. This renders the scenario you described where someone could enter at will to be not true as they wouldn't be getting in the front door.
- 10 Apr 2013 Alison USA
- “ It's a private house. Good for students, not for mature people and families. People who run it are very friendly. There's a lot of food for free. Yes, they have a dog, it barks at newcomers, but it won't bother you. I didn't mind the dog. There are two big living rooms to hang out. WiFi is pretty fast. They also offer computers and printer for free. So if you are a student and want to save some money, instead of staying in cheap motels with questionable mattresses go to this hostel. ”
- 10 Feb 2013 Chingiz USA