The Westend Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel was great and the staff incredibly caring. The only think I didn't like is that there are very little toilets, there was 1 on the floor whereas only my room had about 14 people. This is a bit of an issue in the morning plus the cleanliness level goes down when so many people have to use it. I don't think this is something that the hostel can influence now but maybe more frequent cleaning might keep that 1 toilet more user friendly. ”
- 06 Nov 2015 Anonymous Slovakia
- “ It's a nice fancy looking hostel. However the plugs in the rooms being all encased in a cage (to prevent thefts of objects charging) were so small my charger wouldn't fit and there were no alternative plugs in the room. Not enough toilets (1 for 36 guests). The kitchen was half broken and did not have a lot of utensils, pans, pots to cook with, it was pretty useless. The common room was tiny and accessible for certain hours. However the staff was amazing and really helpful. ”
- 12 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ This hostel was very nice! It was clean, had lots of facilities, friendly staff and a nice design. It also has a bar where you can socialize and participate in a quiz or listen to live music! The dorm room was fine, with a good atmosphere. The hostel is around the corner of Haymarket and the city centre is on appr. 10 minutes walking distance! I would definitely come back here! ”
- 29 Jul 2015 Esther Netherlands
- “ Very kind and helpful satff; beautiful, newly refurbished building. Hygiene excellent, good access to facilities. The place felt more like a hotel,with the price of a youth hostel. About halfway between train station and center of the New Town, quiet neighborhood. Would definitely recommend. ”
- 23 Jul 2015 LAURE France