The Westend Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It's a nice fancy looking hostel. However the plugs in the rooms being all encased in a cage (to prevent thefts of objects charging) were so small my charger wouldn't fit and there were no alternative plugs in the room. Not enough toilets (1 for 36 guests). The kitchen was half broken and did not have a lot of utensils, pans, pots to cook with, it was pretty useless. The common room was tiny and accessible for certain hours. However the staff was amazing and really helpful. ”
- 12 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ This hostel was very nice! It was clean, had lots of facilities, friendly staff and a nice design. It also has a bar where you can socialize and participate in a quiz or listen to live music! The dorm room was fine, with a good atmosphere. The hostel is around the corner of Haymarket and the city centre is on appr. 10 minutes walking distance! I would definitely come back here! ”
- 29 Jul 2015 Esther Netherlands
- “ Key should not be required to access the washroom ”
- 29 Mar 2015 Anonymous England
- “ No hot water in the shower. ”
- 11 Mar 2015 Anonymous Spain
- “ This was one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in and it felt very safe and clean. The doors to the rooms were very loud and heavy though, so if you had to leave or enter the room late at night it makes a lot of noise. I also had trouble getting hot water in the shower two of the three days I was there. Other than that, I liked that the rooms had a lot of space and high ceilings so it didn't feel cramped or stuffy. Overall a good experience and pretty nicely located as well! Would recommend! ”
- 23 Feb 2015 Michelle USA
- “ Wonderful and helpful staff. Extremely clean facilities. Great location. No complaints. ”
- 23 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA