The Westend Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ By far , the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Perfect location. Rooms are nice and bathrooms very clean. The restaurant and lounge area are quaint and inviting. Really enjoyed my stay there both at the beginning and end of my Scotland adventure. ”
- 03 Jul 2014 Michelle USA
- “ About 20 minutes by foot from the city centre, nice atmosphere (no party animals), great facilities, good food, clean, nice staff. Don't forget that it is a hostel...if you're a snob, book a hotel! ”
- 19 Jun 2014 Stefan Romania
- “ This hostel is located near the German embassy. Very convenient for someone who go to apply for a German Visa. The room is very clean, the facilities are all good, staffs are nice. Everything is nice. ”
- 05 Mar 2014 Anonymous China
- “ During our stay at this hostel we noticed the sheets weren't changed after each person.There are no lockers in the rooms(closest ones2floors down).Kitchen is ok but signs everywhere telling you what you're not allowed and what you have to do and staff didn't clean.Staff are rudest we've seen in Europe/Scandinavia,1night we were talking with fellow travelers when a rude member of staff came and told us we have 10minutes to clean our mess and get out because it closes at 11pm.tryMalone'shostel! ”
- 27 Jan 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ If you don't mind a 20 mins walk to and from the center of Edinburgh, this place is for you - I stayed in the female room en suite. Comfortable beds; the shower and toilet are clean. Breakfast are not provided but you could pay 2 pounds for a continental breakfast, which is a very reasonable price. I didn't stay for pubs so I couldn't recommend. ”
- 17 Jan 2014 Mei USA