Travellers Trax @ The Barley Corn Hotel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I don't have anything good to say about this hostel. First of all, the reception closes at 2:30 pm and the woman we had to call to get us in did not appear friendly or welcoming. We were met by intoxicated people in the backyard when searching for our room. The showers were either non-functioning or very dirty. Same with the toilets. There are two kitchens, but both were dirty so we ended up eating out. Maybe this was just a bad two days for the hostels, but it left us with a bad impression. ”
- 27 Jan 2016 Mari Norway
- “ WORST Experince EVER! I have never slept in a worse place, i woudt prefere a 16 houre plane flight with a constanst screaming baby next to me, then taking a 30 min nap in the hostel of hell. ”
- 09 Jul 2015 Robert loewendahl Denmark
- “ The staff Is rude and There s not care for bathroom and rooms. The atmosphere is sad and not friendly. ”
- 29 Apr 2015 Andrea
- “ The hostel is in a really good location, it's only a short walk to the next supermarket and to smith street where you can enjoy a coffee in one of the small cafés. It also take you only 10 minutes to go to the city by train. The hostel is a bit old but has character. And it's by far the cheapest one in Melbourne so it's a good place if you want to stay for a while. The staff is very helpful and there is a 24hour manager around. And the atmosphere is very good the people are all very friendly. ”
- 07 Mar 2015 Anika Germany