Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Rooms were a bit dark and pretty basic, but not bad for price. Ours opened out directly onto reception area, which was fine, but walls between our room and next was very thin. Family who ran the place were friendly and very helpful, although the breakfast was perhaps slightly oversold and not really worth it. A few insects in room due to openness of bathroom, but nothing too bad, and we were in Borneo after all, so to be expected. ”
- 09 Jan 2012 Lisa Marie
- “ Having read good reviews we booked for one night and that was enough. Rooms small, no common room space at all and bathroom facilities were poor. Try Akinabalu Hostel instead. ”
- 03 Jan 2012 Annabelle England
- “ The stay was Ok. But from day one we had problem with our toiletflush that was fixed after 3 or 4 days. Trying to fix it started from day one without a good result. Another room was only offered after I asked for a discount on the price because of the toilet. Though we didn't change the room the repair speeded up then. But then it worked. And what bothered too me was the internet. On several days the connection didn't work. "The internet here is like this" was said. ”
- 29 Dec 2011 Anonymous
- “ Very nice hostel with excellent staff able to provide useful information and flexibly organize various trips. The location is great - away from the main road but still close to the downtown with shops, restaurants, Sunday market and jetty. The double-bed room was clean, with hot water available in the attached bathroom, though sometimes little bit noisy. A big advantage after a long tiring day was the in-house restaurant with delicious "chicken la bamba". Thank you for a beautiful stay, if we get back t ”
- 01 Nov 2011 Anonymous Czech Republic