USA Hostels San Diego
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very friendly and helpful staff, nice fellow travelers, good simple breakfast. Thanks! ”
- 29 Apr 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location in the busiest area in San Diego probably. Staff was pleasant. Rooms very clean. The only problem is show-me-your-key-when-you-get-in policy. ”
- 01 Apr 2015 Anonymous Albania
- “ Very welcoming very helpful and an excellent first time experience ”
- 07 Mar 2015 Caroline USA
- “ Overall very nice and affordable hostels. But I have one sad point. The hostel is located in the center of downtown, so it is quite noisy outside through night. Especially Sunday night... The staff gave me ear plugs for free, but it is not enough. Except for that, I like this hostel. I want to use again if I stay there. ”
- 15 Feb 2015 Yohei Japan
“ Great hostel, friendly staff and a brilliant location. If I'm ever in San Diego again, I will definitely stay here ”
We'll look forward to hosting you again! Happy Travels.
- 28 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Beautiful hostel, perfect location, wish the walkup to office hallway didnt have a lil mildry snell but no big deal. I got lucky with having no roommates which is extremely . Sweet staff, wish they had airport shuttle service like other hostels but the bus is cheaper and reasonably closeby. Definitely would stay again. ”
Thanks! We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
- 13 Jan 2015 Leiana USA
“ The overall atmosphere was great. The location was okay but there was a very pungent smell in the front stairway that made the overall experience subpar. Also I have been in many hostels and the private room had a private bath as well so it's unfortunate we didn't have a private bath in our room. ”
Thanks for your frank comments.Unfortunately the entry staircase is over a hollow in between the buildings and when it rains it kicks up a nusty smell from the area. We ae working on it. But it only happens on those rare days when it rains, so we hope you give us another try in the future. As for the private bath, we do state online that we don't have any baths in the rooms. The building was erected in 1888 and as a historic landmark, we are limited with what changes we can make.
- 01 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I would be better if you have chopsicks! :) ”
- 26 Dec 2014 Sejin South Korea
- “ Need to work on upgrading bathrooms (6 bathrooms for the dorms, and 3 were constantly down one day or another throughout my stay. This is a true "Party" hostel with location at central downtown party headquarters, with music constantly playing throughout the hall until quiet hours, and often times quiet hours not followed/enforced. Young crowd favors this space. ”
- 24 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Well it was generally a good experience, i have to mention that there is a very attentive girl in the staff, her name is Emily and she was really nice and helpful by answering all my requests. ”
- 27 Oct 2014 Anonymous Venezuela