USA Hostels San Francisco
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I went to the USA SF Hostel to get away from the Meth being smoked in the apartment above me in Berkley, I was applying for apartments, and left my driver's license in the scanner...Brian Wolff asked me "what brings you to SF" when I answered as above, his reply was discriminatory, he likely misunderstood and told me "we have policy not to accept Bay Area residents" .. not true, since I stayed there in 2014 & 2013 under similar circumstances...I had paid over $40 in deposits to hostels.com... ”
- 05 Aug 2015 Eduardo USA
- “ Loved our stay, so accommodating and great facilities. Will definitely recommend to our friends in Australia for any San Francisco stay. The staff member who took us on the pub crawl was the best (shattered we can't remember his name). Thanks for having us ”
- 26 Jul 2015 aimee
- “ Near Union Square, great facilities. Each bed in my bedroom had power sockets and was organized to have private space. Good atmosphere and great staff. ”
- 20 Jul 2015 Anonymous Colombia
- “ I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and they kept the place very clean. I just thought that it was very expensive for what it was. (shared mixed dorm for example). Much more expensive than hostels I've stayed at in the U.K. ”
- 20 Jul 2015 Jennifer England
- “ I really enjoyed my stay here, but travelers should know that this is a party hostel. Don't stay here if you're planning to sleep through the night, because there will be trashy dudes from the UK staying up, smoking out the window and yelling. None of this is directly within the control of USAH, but hostels are built around a community - and this one attracts dodgy travelers. For some reason, all the rooms smell like a laundry bin, so practice breathing through your mouth. ”
- 16 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA