Vancouver Backpacker House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ If you are looking for a cheap stay, go for the Vancouver Backpacker House. But you will not find a proper bed, just two matresses on top of each other. Not very sanitary. The kitchen is not well maintained, just like the rest of the house. The staff does not speak english very well, so you have to have some patience. I would certainly not stay here again. But if you have a low budget and you do not mind a grubby hostel for a few nights, then it might be something for you. ”
- 10 Aug 2015 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ This place is not your standard professional hostel with a reception and staff, but rather some privately-run shared house in a residential neighborhood. The "dorms" are just bedrooms with a couple of old mattresses, and there are just two bathrooms which were always occupied. The location is quite far away from the city center, even with public transport, so not very convenient if you are just visiting. Other residents, including hosts, were very noisy during the night. Wouldn't recommend. ”
- 18 Jul 2015 Anna
- “ Don't book this place!! ”
- 18 Jun 2015 Hajime Japan
- “ Terrible location, they moved me to another location once I arrived without previously informing me, generally the most unpleasant hostel I have ever stayed at. They even ration the toilet paper! No amenities at all, really dingy place. ”
- 16 Jun 2015 Philip USA
- “ I had an awesome time at this place. It was not exactly a hostel but an appartment. I shared it with other people and everything was smooth and easy. The staff is excellent. They are hard working and very professional. This place did not have a party atmosphere but for me that is something that i enjoy. ”
- 05 Jun 2015 Anonymous Argentina