Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ it was great ! ”
- 23 Aug 2015 seren Turkey
- “ The staff are quite rude at first and when we ask about the transportation, they cannot answer us clearly. Moreover, we have some problems when we check-in which is the fault of YMCA staff. ”
- 17 Jun 2015 Anonymous China
- “ I stayed there because it was one of the most affordable places in Midtown Manhattan near the location of a film festival I was attending. I was able to walk to the theater in Times Square and to the venue on 53rd all within minutes. Lots of food in the area. My floor was nice and quiet. For the price, I also got free Wi-Fi and cable tv (lots of channels). And the refrigerator in the room definitely came in handy on most nights. If I do it again, I want my exact same room. ”
- 11 Jun 2015 Arthur USA
- “ The location is convenient. But the room is the worst that I have ever stayed. The staff was rude and slow. ”
- 27 May 2015 Anonymous China
- “ The facilities were great and the localization was even better. It was better than most of the hostels I have ever been to, ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ I was told this reservation was cancelled in house when I arrived at the West Side YMCA and they called the Vanderbilt YMCA to request and confirm. The private room was not available at the West Side so I booked at the Vanderbilt. The West Side room became available and I booked the single room. When I tried to cancel the Vanderbilt I was told I could not cancel within48 hours but to call the YMCA. I called the West Side and was told they could cancel the Vanderbilt when I checked in.I paid 2X. ”
- 27 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA