Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed 3 nights in the Villa Leonor and had a great time. It is located on the hill and the view from the nice wooden terasse is amazing. You can enjoy breakfast or evening beer there. The stuff was just great! We only needed to tell what we wanna do and they provided all infos about buses, security advice and tips for the trip. We were sorry to leave so soon! ”
- 19 Jan 2013 Anna Germany
- “ Nice hostel. Beaultiful place, fantastic view of the city. It's an old house on an old district and both have (many) problems due the old age, but it's a real and complete Rio experience. That's a shame the tram isn't working. The staff is very very nice. But beware, there's a 5% tax if you pay with a credit card. ”
- 31 Oct 2012 Anonymous Brazil
- “ The place is a bit ramshackle, but if you want a real experience of Rio (rather than just Copacabana/Ipanema) then Santa Teresa is a great choice. The only dorm available in the hostel is a 6 man dorm opening onto a small balcony/kitchen/bathroom which overlooks the city - it´s worth it for the view alone. There is a small terrace bar downstairs which always has something going on, the staff are super friendly and chilled out and the hostel (although slightly out of the way) is walking distance from Lapa a ”
- 30 Jan 2012 David Ireland