Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Fantastic place to stay. Very nice atmosphere and value for the money. I'd recommend bringing ear plugs though. As you can hear everything on the boat ”
- 22 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Small rooms but it has to be considered the hostel run in a boat. Good service. Nice breakfast. ”
- 11 Mar 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Great experience to actually live on a boat for a couple of days, very central and ideal starting point for a walk into the city center for sigh-seeing, shopping, etc. Especially New Year's Eve was fantastic as we could see all the fireworks around from the boat! Staff on board was very friendly and helpful! Breakfast buffet was excellent, too. Rooms and shared bathroom small (as is on a boat...) but clean. I can definitely recommend Vita Nova and would decide again to stay there! ”
- 29 Dec 2013 Caroline Austria
- “ Location was great, breakfast was very nice, and staying on a boat was a really interesting addition to our vacation! The rooms are VERY small, but that was to be expected. The showers were also very tiny, which made you feel like you were playing twister trying to maneuver yourself and your towel etc in this little space. But it was a really unique experience and we would recommend it to anyone looking for very basic accommodations with an interesting twist! ”
- 30 Oct 2013 Anonymous Canada
- “ Good breakfast and location. Shower and toilet a bit outdated. Good deal for the price! ”
- 16 Oct 2013 Anonymous Finland
- “ It was really a great place. The cabins are very small but they are nice and cozy and warm, especially in the Amsterdam rainy weather. We enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend it to others! Roy was so nice, the breakfast is good and the location is also nice, since it's not too close to the center (10 min walk). The only bad stuff would be the bathroom which could be a bit cold, but if you don't stay for too long it should be fine. ”
- 11 Oct 2013 Andrew USA