Walaba Hostel and Beach Houses
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel is located ideally in my opinion as the only sounds you hear are those of the birds and the howler monkeys. Punta Uva is a beautiful beach and there are times of the day when it feels like you have the whole beach to yourself. Maria, who runs the place was very sweet and helpful, advising us as to what would be the best things to do in the area as well as having good tips regarding restaurants/bars to go to. And yes, having hammocks all over the hostel gets a huge thumbs up from me. ”
- 30 May 2013 Ashank India
- “ Amazing hostel!!! Near Punta Uva beach, located in a very calm area!!! You can hear animal sounds!! Staff very prestative on all things! ”
- 17 Apr 2013 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Good hostel! If you're looking for a quiet beach get-away, this is the perfect place. Just down the road from the more lively Puerto Viejo and extremely close access to the peaceful Punta Uva beach. Be prepared for the hot and humid climate, Walaba is very open so that it feels like you are camping. Friendly and relaxed staff are very welcoming. ”
- 23 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA