West Side YMCA
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Basic rooms and amenities, but really good exercise facilities. A few oddities. Automatic lights in some rooms come on in the middle of the night and won't stay off. No soap dish in newly renovated showers. Sometimes only get 1 soap for multi day stay. Prices just went up. ”
- 25 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The bathrooms vary greatly from floor to floor. Some floors have individual bathrooms entered with the room key. Those are safe, not smelly, and usually clean. Some floors have one shared bathroom for men, and one for women. The women's rest room is entered with the key card. The men's rest room is open to all. On the ninth floor one of the three showers is not functioning. It was also not functioning two years ago. The urinals smell terrible. Consistency should be the goal. ”
- 16 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Fantastic location. Staff were friendly and efficient. Great to have access to work out facilities while on vacation. The remote control for my TV did not work. I got fresh batteries and it still did not work but I did not pursue getting it replaced since I was not planning to watch a lot of TV. . ”
- 15 Jun 2014 Richard USA
- “ If you are looking for a no-frills place, try the Y. ”
- 14 Jun 2014 Joan USA
- “ We had a very good experience at the YMCA. It's not luxurious obviously but it is decent and well maintained. ”
- 02 Jun 2014 Maria Argentina
- “ An unforgettable stay! I spent two nights at the YMCA hostel in New York (room 947). The rooms was more or less ok, although I had to kill a couple of bedbug on the first night. At my back home three days later I had 202 bud bites on my body...Yes I counted them! Never more, one week under medication for the bites, and wondering if I am going to sue the hostel. Are you thinking of traveling to NYC? Run from the YMCA hostel!! It is for your best, believe me. ”
- 31 May 2014 Mario Spain