West Side YMCA
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ My son and I arrived very late at night (actually, in the wee hours of the morning). The guard at the front desk was kind and helpful. The window in our room was left wide open (in March!). I was able to close it, but the seal was not the greatest. Nevertheless, the heat was enough to keep us warm. The bathroom lacked paper towels and the toilet I used wouldn't flush. Hot water (at 2am) was short-lived in the shower. Still it was an economical way to catch some sleep. ”
- 02 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Really appreciated being able to check in early since my bus got in ahead of schedule. I had told Housekeeping that I did not need service on Thursday since I was doing some paperwork when they came by. However, they did not come by on Friday to change towels and empty the trash. Could have been a misunderstanding and they thought I meant I would never need service. It was not really a big deal so I did not bother to report it to the Front Desk. Loved having use of the gym ”
- 23 Feb 2015 Richard USA
- “ If you are planning a trip to NYC with limited time to stay at your accomodation place, YMCA is perfect! We got a private room with a bunkbed, a desk, tv, and a small closet. Not big at all, but then we only spent our sleep hours here. The shared bathrooms on each floor are kept very clean, and everything works perfectly. The location of the hostel was the best: right outside is the entrance to Central Park, only a block down is the subway, and on the street you'll find food and shopping :) ”
- 22 Feb 2015 Sandra Norway
- “ I likes the prive cleanliness and location. I'd recomend to put trash cans In the ladies washroom ”
- 13 Feb 2015 Cinthia Mexico