West Side YMCA
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ My daughter and I arrived late at night and were welcomed by very freindly staff. Check in was easy and fast. The room was small and dull. A good cleaning and fresh paint are needed. During the night smoke detectors were beeping and we could hear other guests arriving on the floor and in their rooms. The bathroom was small for the number of people using it. In the morning it was nice to sit in the common room with travelers from around the world eating breakfast from the affordable cantina. ”
- 13 Apr 2013 Elizabeth USA
- “ This facility is in EXTREME need of repair. In my room, the light switch was busted out, one of the electric outlets was hanging off the wall, and the ladder for the bunk beds was the wrong size, thus unsafe to use. In the bathroom, one of the toilets didn't flush, one of the sinks didn't work, and one of the shower walls had a gaping hole in it. I would never recommend anyone to stay at this hostel. I can easily accept old facilities - as long as they are in working order. ”
- 07 Apr 2013 Linda USA
- “ The women's bathroom on the floor that I was on had a defective lock which made it impossible to completely close the door and nothing was done about it although I complained twice to the front desk. The curtains in my room fell down (hooks fell out of the wall) and that was not fixed, although I did tell them at the desk. The facilities, both bathrooms and sleeping rooms, are not clean. The coin-operated drink machine was out of most of the selections for the entire 5 days of my stay. ”
- 06 Apr 2013 Carol USA
- “ Location was excellent! One block away from Central Park, and one block away from Lincoln Center. However, Ms. Gordon is a very rude lady. I got to the YMCA at 3am and she was the only staff member at that time. She requested my passport upon my arrival and told me she had to keep it because "I was Mexican". That, indeed, was very rude to say...what would she had said if I was Japanese?? There ways to say that there are policies to follow and kindly request my only personal document. ”
- 05 Apr 2013 Daniela Mexico
- “ When I arrived I thought it was a great place...until I saw the room. I was TERRIBLE disappointed! The room was HORRIBLE. We payed more than $100 a night for a super small room (there wasn't even space for our luggage). Nobody cleaned our room, not even once. The housekeeping ladies spent their hours watching tv in the rooms and resting there. We had a problem the last day and I asked to talk with a supervisor but the staff didn't let me. I sent an email to her and she never answer. HORRIBLE. ”
- 27 Mar 2013 Anonymous Argentina
- “ good location and very helpful staff but the bathrooms are very dirty. ”
- 27 Mar 2013 Anonymous Germany