Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Was very disappointed. Thought it was a lot closer to the university, when it was more than a 20 minute walk. The hostel itself looked absolutely nothin like the photos. The common room was filled with tons of stuff so it wasn't a very welcoming. There were only two bathrooms in the entire place, so we were constantly waiting. The bathrooms were quite dirty and I could see a lot of mold. I would not recommend this place at all. You'll get more for your money elsewhere. ”
Our property listing clearly states that our hostel is located in the residential area of Hongdae, it takes 10 to15mins to walk to Hongdae. All our photos shown on internet are exactly the same as our property actual setting. We do not see any points of deception. We clean the toilets everyday and we take turns to check the toilets every few hours, the mold thing you mentioned doesn't exist. We are sorry that our hostel completely disappointed you and we couldn't satisfy your high expectation & standard.
- 15 Aug 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Stayed at the tent room which was on the top floor. There's not much room space except for the bed but it was definitely comfortable and i could enjoy some privacy. If you walk out to the rooftop at night, it's really comfortable and relaxing. Also, the house in the neighbourhood gives you an experience of how it feels like to stay in Korea not as a tourist but as a resident. The only downside of the hostel is that it's difficult to find. ”
- 20 Jul 2014 Anonymous Singapore
- “ This was definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in while traveling around Oceania and the US. This was the first hostel I stayed in in Korea (and also Asia) so I can't compare it to typical Asian hostels, but staying here definitely added to my good experiences in Seoul. The hosts Jin and Jun are very friendly and capable. The hostel is in a quiet neighborhood, but close to busy Hongdae, so its ideal in my opinion. The hostel itself is very comfortable, clean and homey. ”
- 30 Jun 2014 Payal USA
- “ Great deal for the price! Laundry service and breakfast everyday, and the location in Hongdae is very convenient. ”
- 27 May 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Trouble finding it at first but managers found me by chance! They're very nice and helpful, the hostel is always clean, and breakfast is always enough and allowed me to plan my day without worrying about what to get for breakfast. you'll meet other great travelers too! the atmosphere is very nice and friendly. ”
- 14 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The owners are very friendly and helpfull and the atmosphere is comfortable.It is the best hostel I've stayed in so far. The owner even cooks breakfast and does the laundry. ”
- 27 Dec 2013 Patricia USA