Wickham Retreat Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The top bunk I slept on was very uncomfortable. It was too soft a mattress and I could feel the frame through it. Otherwise, everything else was great. ”
- 01 Nov 2013 Shehan Australia
- “ very nice hostel, will definitely go again if I am in Perth ”
- 26 Oct 2013 Anonymous China
- “ I spent a week at Wickham's recently, and I would certainly stay there again. On the surface, it looks like it's not the cheapest place in Perth, but if you factor in all the extras, the free laundry, free (FAST!) wifi, and above all, all of the free food (I did not eat at a restaurant the entire week, and only spent $13 on groceries), this place is a bargain. Plus, the staff is super friendly, and there are a lot of people that stay there long-term, so it quickly felt like home. ”
- 12 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I enjoyed my stay and would come here again. The staff are very friendly and helpful and there is a good camaraderie amongst all. Very enjoyable. ”
- 05 Apr 2013 Thomas Ireland
- “ Wickham Retreat is a special place. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The owner provides free food, laundry, wifi, and even hosts barbeques and organizes wine tours. The hostel itself is organized to be very social and everyone is affected positively by it. This was the most friendly hostel I've been to. ”
- 08 Feb 2013 Anonymous Canada
- “ Best atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed at on this trip. Staff are super helpful and friendly. Charlie hosts great BBQs and wine tours, makes you feel like you're part of a family. The only downside I can see is the lack of AC in some rooms. Would stay again in a heartbeat! ”
- 07 Feb 2013 Anonymous Canada