William Penn House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Was a great, clean, quiet, inviting, secure place to stay. We really enjoyed the experience and had a blast meeting the others staying there. I would highly recommend it! ”
- 17 Jul 2013 Thomas USA
- “ Really enjoyed my stay. Staff very kind and helpful. Hostel is clean. Bathrooms unfortunately all over the place, but there are enough, showers are okay. 10 to 15 min walk to the metro station. Nice and safe location. Safes are in the basement. Rooms cannot be locked; you get only a key for the main entrance. Breakfast is from 8 to 9am: coffee, tea, milk, cereals, oatmeal, different kind of toast, butter, jelly, peanut butter. Water dispenser in the kitchen. Would go there again! ”
- 11 Jul 2013 Alexandra Germany
“ I wasn't happy about being quoted one price only to pay a much higher price when I arrived because "It depends on the day" baloney.
I will tell everyone I know not to base their decision to use a hostel based on financial reasons because your organization basically lies to people.
Other than this, the hostel experience was a pleasant. ”
Our prices are the same no mater what day it is, unlike other hostels that often increase their prices as they fill up and during busy times of the year. The only thing that would change a price is if the guest decides to stay in a different room than they originally booking or if a guest checks in after 9pm there is a $10 late fee added, as you did. I am sorry that you were surprised by the late fee, but it is clear online that guests need to check in before 9pm.
- 29 Mar 2013 Mark USA
“ Thought this was a great place - Security is wonderful, the location is terrific, and the place was very clean. I especially liked the "living room" which is spacious and a wonderful place to just relax. I would like to suggest that there be more information regarding places to eat that are close - names and exact addresses, information about transportation options, information regarding what is around for sightseeing, and information regarding getting to the airport. ”
I'm glad that you had a great time staying with us! The information you were looking for is upstairs on the second floor in the dining room by the guest phone. Sorry you couldn't find it, but we do have a organized binder and files of brochures there. The staff is also always happy to help with questions like that.
- 01 Mar 2013 donna USA
- “ People should be aware that if they are sleeping in a room with nine others, SOMEONE is going to snore. Bring your earplugs for a good night's sleep. I think it would be helpful to point this out to prospective visitors. Also, at the risk of sounding like the delicate sleeper in The Princess and the Pea, if William Penn House ever gets offered a bunch of plywood, it would vastly improve the sleeping surface of the bunkbeds to insert plywood under the mattresses to bridge the steel cross bar. ”
- 16 Feb 2013 Terry USA
- “ Very quiet, in a nice neighborhood. I liked it so much I returned here instead of another Hostel I was booked at. Staff are respectful and helpful. Serene atmosphere, great for relaxing at the end of a busy day. ”
- 02 Feb 2013 Anonymous USA