Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This place was an interesting hotel/hostel combination; the bathrooms/baths were shared, but the rooms (with sinks included) were private. It was an excellent price (comparable to traditional hostels where one would have to share the room), clean, quiet, had good wifi and friendly staff. The only sort of downside was the location; it was in a good place (downtown, near a bunch of stuff) but in kind of a bad area. Other than that I thought it was fantastic and I'd stay again. ”
- 29 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Nice, clean room & facilities - no kitchen availible though. Make sure to have dinner at the Vietnamese place just outside, and don't mind the vagabonds on the streets. Would visit again, esp. if the price was a bit lower. ”
- 04 Jun 2014 Jakub Poland
- “ You get what you paid for. Great location, many others mention crackheads and homeless, but they did not affect my stay. ”
- 03 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ When we booked the Winsor Hotel, we got a little scared by the reviews saying there would be "scary people" out on the street. We didn't find them scary at all. Sure, the hotel is just across Market St. from the Tenderloin. But honestly, if you've ever lived in a decent-sized city before it's nothing you can't deal with- some of them were even very friendly. In any case the hotel is safe, clean and the staff is there 24/7 to help (and to allow check-in/out at any time). Would recommend! :) ”
- 14 May 2014 Gabriel France
- “ For a low-budget traveller this is an excellent choice. As long as you don't mind the drug dealers and homeless people outside the hostel, you´ll be fine. The staff was helpful and friendly. If you are a timid and sensitive person, I wouldn't recommend this Hostel to you. ”
- 09 May 2014 Sampo Finland