Woodquay Hostel Galway City
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ One of the best hostels. My only complaint was that the wifi didn't work in my room (worked everywhere else though, just don't get room 2), but this forced me to go to the hang out area where there were a lot of people actually hanging out. Some of the coolest people I have ever met were at this hostel. Such a great atmosphere. I forgot my adapter and they let me borrow one. The staff at the desk was beyond helpful, and they give amazing discounts for day trips and fun pub crawls and such. ”
- 05 Jul 2016 samantha
- “ Great hostel with a great location, and cheapest hostel around! The staff are great to work with, too. Included is a basic breakfast, luggage storage, and they even have tours that pick you up from the hostel itself--all convenient. The showers can run a bit hot (or, in the case of having a controlled temp shower, the knobs were opposite of what they should have been), but they're fixing that now. Your only troubles will likely be needing a pair of ear plugs for the occasional snorer. ”
- 01 Dec 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ A friendly place. Clean room. Self catering kitchen had most things for warming up food, making lots of free toast (with jam) and endless mugs of tea. ”
- 27 Oct 2015 Anonymous Ireland
- “ I didn't love the cleanliness and I didn't really want to touch anything including the bathrooms. I think this was the place where we could feel all of the wires in the beds, and the noise from the street outside made it difficult to relax and sleep. Otherwise, if you can look past all of that it was a fine hostel, where we managed to rest and get enough sleep. ”
- 21 Sep 2015 Melanie Canada