Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We had a great stay here. After arriving early in the morning a staff member called Jon and another lady I never caught the name of were really hospitable and let us use the common room to recover from traveling. We had a great 3 days/2 nights at this hostel and met some like minded travelers to talk to and grab a beer with. This place is also really easy to find even though it's on the outskirts we greatly enjoyed the wriglyville area . ”
- 25 Aug 2014 Christopher England
- “ I think there should be more information about how the baseball games at Wrigley's Field affect the availability for parking at the hostel. To say that the hostel has parking is pretty misleading as you can't park particularly near it unless you have a permit and, when the games are on, it's $30 to park which significantly increases the costs of staying there of course. Even when games aren't on it's $20 to park per day. I think that this should be more clearly stated as it is a significant cost ”
- 12 Aug 2014 Paul England
- “ I've stayed here before and never had a problem with dorm mates. Unfortunately this time, I had two people who thought it was appropriate to talk incessantly in the middle of the night. Kind of out of the hands of the hostel but I think reminding guests of common courtesy dorm rules would be a good idea. Overall an excellent hostel that has become my go-to Chicago place. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ If you are driving make sure to reserve a parking pass 48 hours in advance. ”
- 27 Jul 2014 Anonymous Argentina
- “ This hostel sucked. There was hardly any activities organised and the two activities that were scheduled were cancelled with no notice. The bathrooms were all dirty and in desperate need of a renovation. Only one shower had any water pressure coming out of the head, and one day I had to leave a bathroom I was using because the shower was literally dribbling water when turned on to full. The beds were all very uncomfortable and the pillow I was given was too lumpy to be of any use. Stay elsewhere ”
- 15 Jul 2014 Anonymous Australia
“ When booking the hostel at hostels.com we paid a non-refundable charge of US$38.00. Upon arrival at the accommodation we thought we only had to pay the outstanding amount US$264.00 as written in the confirmation mail. However, instead we had to pay the full balance of US$300.00 + taxes. We tried to explain it at the reception at checkout, but we couldn't get our money back, so we ended up paying US$38.00 more than expected. ”
Hi, I am sorry there was some confusion regarding your payment. When you checked in we did deduct the $38 deposit you paid online to Hostels.com. We then added the required tax and your total came to the right amount that you paid. You paid the right amount for your stay. Thank you again for staying and we would love for you to stay again :)
- 11 Jul 2014 Mathias Denmark