Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It's difficult for me to give a thorough assessment since most of stay was spent outside of this hostel. That said, the staff was very helpful. I arrived before check-in and was able to purchase a combination lock at the front desk for $5 and put my belongings in a locker downstairs. I was able to return late and check in without any hassle. I had trouble sleeping due to fellow guests snoring all night, but I suppose that's Wrigley Hostel's fault! ”
- 01 Nov 2014 Adrian USA
“ No towels, no soap, dirty bed and located in very old building. Go to HI-Chicago, it is way better. ”
Hi :) I am sorry to hear that you did not have the best time with us during your recent stay. All of our beds are changed daily with fresh, clean bedding and we provide free towels and soap to all guests. We are sorry we didn't communicate this to you clearly. Thank you for your feedback and enjoy your travels :)
- 18 Sep 2014 Youssef USA
- “ Thank you very much for a wonderful stay at the Wrigley Hostel. ”
- 09 Sep 2014 Kathleen USA
- “ We had a great stay here. After arriving early in the morning a staff member called Jon and another lady I never caught the name of were really hospitable and let us use the common room to recover from traveling. We had a great 3 days/2 nights at this hostel and met some like minded travelers to talk to and grab a beer with. This place is also really easy to find even though it's on the outskirts we greatly enjoyed the wriglyville area . ”
- 25 Aug 2014 Christopher England
- “ I think there should be more information about how the baseball games at Wrigley's Field affect the availability for parking at the hostel. To say that the hostel has parking is pretty misleading as you can't park particularly near it unless you have a permit and, when the games are on, it's $30 to park which significantly increases the costs of staying there of course. Even when games aren't on it's $20 to park per day. I think that this should be more clearly stated as it is a significant cost ”
- 12 Aug 2014 Paul England
- “ I've stayed here before and never had a problem with dorm mates. Unfortunately this time, I had two people who thought it was appropriate to talk incessantly in the middle of the night. Kind of out of the hands of the hostel but I think reminding guests of common courtesy dorm rules would be a good idea. Overall an excellent hostel that has become my go-to Chicago place. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA