Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
- “ The building itself is a loverly converted Edwardian house with superb garden area. The staff are nice enough but the location is WAY out of town and when I was there there was NO atmosphere whatsoever :-( A few mature restaurant workers and *strange* characters wandering around. The kitchen area and lounge STANK of spicy food and the breakfast is overpriced for what you get in my opinion. There is a pretty nice pub at the end of the lane which I spent most the evening. ”
- 15 November 2012 Anonymous England
- “ weirdest hostel i have ever stayed at! Sad and drab but it is a quiet location with walks by the river.It was clean but felt unlived in but that makes sense as YHA seem to have given up on the place and that shows. Very disappointing for such an organisation.Staff were friendly and polite. ”
- 17 September 2012 Sheridian
- “ Some of the items on sale at the hostel were ridiculously priced eg. small bag of laundry detergent for 70p!! Use of internet for 10 minutes for 50p!! Use of your own laptop for 24 hours for 5 pounds!! I heard that a large group of disadvantaged kids were staying at Global backpackers near the town centre. Why aren't they staying with you lot as your organisation was set up to help such a demographic??!! Because you're lousy Value for money!! ”
- 1 August 2012 Anonymous