YHA Taupo - Finlay Jacks Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Bathroom window which opened onto the back walkway of the hostel did not close properly. This obviously isn't good for privacy, plus it let in cold air at night. Apart from that though hostel room was really good. ”
- 26 Jun 2016 Anonymous Australia
- “ The best hostel I have seen in Nz so far. Very clean and there was all we needed. Nice garden and comfy rooms with good blankets and two pillows! Right next to the big supermarket. Very cool stuff and good music. ”
- 30 Mar 2016 Anonymous Finland
- “ This hostel is a very communal space, with all of the rooms facing inwards towards a little green, meaning you are able to meet people straight away, if thats something you want. The staff here were lovely, and happy to help with recommendations of activities in Taupo. I booked for two nights and had a very comfortable sleep both nights. There is free filter coffee in the reception which is great too. ”
- 04 Mar 2016 Anonymous Northern Ireland
- “ 100% our favourite hostel that we stayed at during our trip. Really wonderful, helpful staff that made everything as easy as possible; especially when it came to booking excursions/trips and routing hikes. The room and bathroom was clean and homely, not to mention that the beds were heavenly. Can't fault the hostel at all. ”
- 01 Mar 2016 Anonymous England
- “ By far the best hostel I've stayed at. Was located very close to downtown & right across from an awesome grocery store called, "Pak n Save." The rooms were spacious and set up nicely for multiple people to stay in. The room I stayed in had a bathroom connected to it which was incredibly convenient. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, as well as this was THE ONLY hostel I stayed at that provided 2 pillows per bed, it's the little things! The kitchens were also very clean with gas stoves. ”
- 03 Jan 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Amazing chill place! I loved the terrace! Not the typical hostel, more like a small village, very relax environment, had a great time there! ”
- 31 Oct 2015 Anonymous Mexico