Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Pretty unfriendly staff, a bit far away from the main street/beach, rooms cannot be closed! Free spices, kitchen ok. Still, I would not recommend this hostel, there are better ones in Taupo. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ I haven't even been there, but they charged me. I read the cancellation policy, and due to the hostels.com page, I needed to call them right away to cancel, so I did more than 24 hours before. I talked to the manager to this hostel and they also said I need to talk to hostels.com, so I did! But in the end, they charged me for 2 nights(not even just 1 night for no-show) and said no refund for me. I am really unpleasant about this situation and I strongly don't recommend this hostel. ”
- 05 Feb 2015 charmyee South Korea
- “ Hi. The welcome was great as I arrived after 7.30pm but everything organised for me. Have stayed at YHA's in UK and thoroughly recommend Taupo YHA. Next time I will book direct which would be better but couldn't get hold of them when I needed to at *.30. Great place and service and facilities. bruce ”
- 29 Oct 2014 Bruce New Zealand
- “ I found the hostel to be extremely well run. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Also, I was impressed that labels/pen were provided for the fridge and that the fridge was cleaned out every day. I still wonder why I could not book that room on hihostels.com but managed to on hostels.com and would like to know what to do in future as I think I am past dorming. ”
- 27 Feb 2014 Susanne Australia