Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Yha york is a very good hostel. It's clean, quiet and friendly. But it won't be the place you're looking for if you want a young atmosphere. It's more family oriented. It's about 20 minutes walking from the city centre, I was ok with it, but some people might find that inconvenient. ”
- 29 Aug 2016 Anonymous Japan
- “ The hostel is located just outside the city, and you'll get there by a short taxi ride, or you can walk in about 20 min. The staff was helpful, and the room was ok (although the walls were quite stainy). It was very loud from the hallway as we could hear groups of people arriving at night, very clearly. One huge disappointment at breakfast - a dirty mess Ive never seen the likes of. Kids making a mess everywhere, and the staff didn't seem to do anything about it. You need to improve this! ”
- 05 Jul 2016 Anonymous Norway
- “ Great Hostel! The location was great, in my opinion. A bit out of the city, quiet. It's about twenty minutes walk between there and the city centre, but it's a really nice one, along the river - so it's almost impossible to get lost. Staff was nice and helpful, and the food was great. The room was very clean, the beds good (although my reading light didn't work) I'd definitely stay here again! ”
- 05 Jun 2016 Anonymous Germany
- “ I made reservation online staying in a bed in 8 bed female Dorm.The price 36.05 GBP for 1 bed one night was very expensive comparing to the standard of hostel. I borrowed adapter the staff sold me 5 GBP which I refused to take.There is no meal included, no free computer to check mail. If you want to do charging. This hostel is commercial no sense of services. ”
- 04 Jun 2016 AREEYA Thailand