Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ YMCA hostel was good for the price. Not an overly friendly atmosphere as its quite a large hostel and I only really mingled with the people in my room (who were lovely!' Not the best kitchen facilities (but had everything you need to cook with) as the space was quite small and the utensils were in the dining room on the second floor and one kitchen on the 2nd and one on the 3rd floor in the middle of rooms which was confusing and anoying if you realised you forgot to get utensils mid-cooking. ”
- 30 May 2014 Amelia
- “ Good room set up. The bathrooms were in excellent condition. Very clean. Only problem was that there was no insulation in the walls and a fair gap at the bottom of the door to the rooms, so sound carried very loudly. Anytime anyone walked by in the hallway talking it was loud as if they were in the room with me. Same thing whenever someone opened or closed their door. A few times I jolted awake in the night, thinking it was my own door opening. Overall though, I enjoyed this hostel. ”
- 27 Apr 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ The hostel is far away from Queen Street, but I love it. It's quiet. Around the YMCA, there is some asian shop. The staff is kind. The only thing I don't like is internet is slow. ”
- 31 Oct 2013 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ your new construction in the bathroom includes a reflective ceiling that reveals what is behind the privacy door. In the toilet room, the floor provides a vision of the stall beyond the privacy panel to the next stall. BAD! ”
- 23 Oct 2013 E Linda USA