Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel is far away from Queen Street, but I love it. It's quiet. Around the YMCA, there is some asian shop. The staff is kind. The only thing I don't like is internet is slow. ”
- 31 Oct 2013 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ The rooms were very nice. The kitchens and dinning room very small though, and there was not much in the way of common areas. That said, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean. :) All up it was quite a nice place to stay. ”
- 08 Oct 2013 Jarrad Australia
“ All staff were extremely friendly and nice. Most of the staff were helpful and went to extra mile to help me work out various travel issues, etc. It's a short walk to the waterfront and located near major public transit lines. ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed our service and location, our awesome staff is always keen and willing to help. Once again thank you. Kind regards, Andre Vidoto Centre Manager
- 16 Oct 2012 Anonymous USA
“ The hostel is in a convenient position, close to Queen St. The rooms are clean but the bathroom and showers need to be renovated. I arrived late at night and the security guy was really nice and helpfull. ”
Dear Eleonora, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you consider our prime location very convenient, YMCA Hostel is a process of refurbishment, so far 60% of the property has been refurbished, and the floor you have stayed is due in November 2012, so a renovation is on its way. We apologise the inconvenience and I look forward to meeting you here again. Kind regards Andre Vidoto Centre Manager
- 14 Jul 2012 Eleonora
“ Bar is across the street. Sort of noisy.
Pantry is filled with utensils.
Staff very friendly and helpful and considerate. ”
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments. We are very happy you found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and considerate. Auckland has a very lively night, plenty with bars and restaurants, outside noise is very difficult to control, however, we do apologise for the inconvenience. Kind regards Andre Vidoto Centre Manager
- 09 Apr 2012 Teresa