Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel was dissappointing. Staff seemed indifferent and were not particularly helpful, breakfast is not included in the price, the free purified water ran out and wi-fi dropped out regularly and was not available in the rooms. The communal area had a great kitchen but the atmosphere was lacking and it was difficult to meet people. However if you are just going to see the ruins and the waterfalls, this is a useful base. It appeared to be more secure than the cabanas. ”
- 12 Aug 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ Good location, good price. There were a big groups of staff there but only one of them speaks English, I mean perfectly well, but all the others speak NO English. So make sure you get the booking right in advance and re-confirm it by E-mail at least 1 day in advance, or you may be running into the same trouble as we have, waiting in the lobby for several hours in a burning afternoon. For an summer visit, make sure you get a A/C room and pre-check the room could be a good idea. ”
- 06 Aug 2013 Anonymous China
- “ Yaxkin is within walking distance of the city center and bus station. The staff is friendly but only one can speak English. There is a nice lounge with a TV; the dorms are clean. ”
- 27 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Very Expensive hostel, bad atmosphere. There is not brekfast, so, you have to buy at the restaurant of the hostel (very expensive too)...it's better to sleep, near the Palenque ruins, at El Panchan....a little place, in the jungle, with a lot of differents hostels very cheap, very good atmosphere. ”
- 23 Mar 2013 Xavier