Youth Hostel Oia
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ You can't beat the location, especially for this price! Not only is it close to the incredible Santorini sunset it is a 3 min walk from a public bus stop that will bring you to all of the highlights on the island! The breakfast was nice as it encouraged people to interact in the morning, and you can't turn down a free meal while traveling! The staff was really nice and helpful too! Plus they have a large binder full of great recommendation, and a bulletin board full of cheap/free ideas! ”
- 26 Aug 2014 Jennifer USA
- “ Great location in Oia. If you're looking to stay somewhere beautiful out of Fira but still want to get to Fira easily this is a great place. Breakfast is sketchy and wifi very patchy but for the price everything is pretty good. There are no locks on doors or on the front doors (except after 10pm) so it's a little annoying just leaving your stuff so exposed. They do have smaller lockers for small valuables &they check the security of lockers frequently which is good. Staff is fairly helpful ”
- 14 Aug 2014 Sandy Australia
- “ Everything Good excepte showers ( dirt and old) ”
- 10 Aug 2014 Anonymous Spain
- “ A great hostel in an AMAZING location. They had lots of ideas of what to do on the island, we went on the boat tour they partner with and I HIGHLY recommend it. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Tessa USA
- “ If you want to go to Oia and are on a budget, then this is a good option. However, it is not the most friendly environment. The owner is impatient and doesn't seem to trust his guests or want to deal with them. You aren't given a key because the door is open during the day and at night there is a "special" security system that allows you to reach through a window and grab a key. Based on my previous hostel experience, I would have expected more enthusiasm from staff. The internet was bad too. ”
- 03 Jun 2014 Rachel USA