bAKpAK Gion Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Awesome staff, clean, big room, nearby (walking distance) party and sightseeing. Really enjoyed staying there. Don't forget to check the rooftop :). ”
- 03 Nov 2014 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ I wasn't as impressed with baKpaK as I was with other hostels. The atmosphere and staff were not as welcoming. ”
- 18 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I live in Shiga so I used to stay at this hostel a lot before I met someone to stay with in Kyoto on weekends. The location cannot be better, it has everything you need and is very fun to stay in. I have stayed with visiting family, friends and alone. Sometimes friends and I even go to the hostel just to see who is there and we invite them out for the night with us. If you are on a budget, love the nightlife, need good tips and are social, this is your best bet in the city. ”
- 03 May 2014 James USA
- “ This place is very cheap but has seen better days. It attracted a good mix of people though. ”
- 10 Mar 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Great location. Very good price!! One thing to improve is maybe to have some bowls to allow microwave cooking. All other things are fine!! ”
- 18 Jan 2014 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ Directions to hostel were bad. The hostel is behind the subway, not in front as stated online. Staff were ok, sometimes helpful, sometimes just oblivious. Rooms were clean. Floor levels are somewhat confusing and not labeled correctly. You think you're on the 3rd floor, but not. Stairs are narrow. Free lockers and key, but you have to ask for a key. Lounge area good. One public computer. Hostel located near supermarket, which is good. Five minute walk over the bridge to the major shopping areas. ”
- 28 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA