bAKpAK Gion Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This place is sadly behind the times. Best thing is the location, in Gion and near subway. Showers are horrible, not clean, lacking privacy and only two in the whole building. Atmosphere was dismal, nobody socializing in common area. Seems like only one staff member around. Loud traffic noise late at night affect east dorm rooms. Place would benefit from extensive renovation. Why stay here with much better options like Piece Hostel, Sims Cozy and K's? Owner needs to visit competition. ”
- 23 Nov 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Awesome staff, clean, big room, nearby (walking distance) party and sightseeing. Really enjoyed staying there. Don't forget to check the rooftop :). ”
- 03 Nov 2014 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ there is no lockers in sleeping rooms ”
- 12 Sep 2014 Anonymous Poland
- “ I wasn't as impressed with baKpaK as I was with other hostels. The atmosphere and staff were not as welcoming. ”
- 18 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I live in Shiga so I used to stay at this hostel a lot before I met someone to stay with in Kyoto on weekends. The location cannot be better, it has everything you need and is very fun to stay in. I have stayed with visiting family, friends and alone. Sometimes friends and I even go to the hostel just to see who is there and we invite them out for the night with us. If you are on a budget, love the nightlife, need good tips and are social, this is your best bet in the city. ”
- 03 May 2014 James USA