the Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A little far from Thamel (downtown), on the other hand located in a calm and quiet place and very close to the ring road, where you can take buses or cabs to anywhere. Incredible staff, nice rooms and a good food prepared at their own restaurant. I definitely recommend this hostel. ”
- 14 Dec 2016 Anonymous Brazil
- “ the over all experience was good, although we had some hiccups. things were smooth- taxi was always on time, got us in a nice room, nice showers, good food. They charge 100 rupees for a kilo for the laundry, so we decided to just hand wash. but here is the thing that put us off a little was that they then charged us 100 rupees for the bucket of water we used to wash our clothes. It felt as though we were being charged for all the little things- things that are normally free. ”
- 21 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Stayed in many hostels, this is definitely my favourite. Located right near the Monkey Temple which is a must-visit. And away from the noisy polluted Thamel but still within walking distance if you wish to shop. The rooftop is amazing and gives you views of the mountains and even some snowcapped ones! Defintely recommend if you want a mix of local culture and want to meet other like-minded travelers who like to be spontaneous and take life as it is. The staff are friendly and always cheerful! ”
- 04 Feb 2014 T England