the Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Stayed in many hostels, this is definitely my favourite. Located right near the Monkey Temple which is a must-visit. And away from the noisy polluted Thamel but still within walking distance if you wish to shop. The rooftop is amazing and gives you views of the mountains and even some snowcapped ones! Defintely recommend if you want a mix of local culture and want to meet other like-minded travelers who like to be spontaneous and take life as it is. The staff are friendly and always cheerful! ”
- 04 Feb 2014 T England
- “ If you are travelling to Kathmandu the sparkling turtle is the place to be! It is situated out of the way from the busy city but still only a 20 minute walk into town. The beds are very comfy, wifi all night and you can enjoy a peaceful nights sleep. The staff are excellent, can help you book anything you want to do and enjoy socialising all day. If I go back to Kathmandu I will definitely be staying there again! Thanks guys!! ”
- 03 Feb 2014 Anonymous England
- “ the sheet and pillow case are stinky,and they charge everything extra 13%(the airport pick up/bed).i made a phone call to my friend,they charge me 50rps.be carefull if you are from asia,they charge more expensive than european.finally the staff give change(indonesia currence)and said:it's nepal currence.even a staff ask me: are you lonely? ”
- 24 Jan 2014 Anonymous Taiwan