Happy Dragon Courtyard
*GREAT NEW HOSTEL*
Welcome to the newly opened Happy Dragon Courtyard, offering a wonderful traditional atmosphere whilst combining great value with both space, comfort, entertainment, and super-convenient location for seeing both ancient and modern BeiJing.
* - four FREE food parties a week: Peking roast duck, Chinese dumplings, hot-pot, barbecue
* - 'Happy Hours' and special promotions in our bar
* - FREE biycle hutongs tour twice a week
Within just two and a half years of opening, Happy Dragon Hostels have established a great reputation as being Beijing's best, with our team's guaranteed fantastic service (we're justifiably famous within the hostel industry for making every possible effort for our guests) and our Courtyard provides a real feel for old BeiJing, whilst maintaining the best modern facilities and cleanliness that from our management team's years of hostel experience we know our customers expect, yet will still be pleasantly impressed with … which we can be proud to say is not our dream, it is our reality!
All of our well-lit private rooms and standard dormitories are warm and comfortable, cleaned daily, with beautiful wooden decor, ensuite hot/cold shower (western) toilet washrooms with free toiletries, slippers and towels provided free, plus fresh clean linen on comfortable large beds, and hot are cold air-con. There is also free wifi throughout the hostel.
Located very very close to Zhangzizhonglu subway station, providing an ideal base to explore the city, as well as right next to Dongsibeidajie main shopping street offering just about everything and anything you could wish for (including banks with international ATMs, 24/7 convience-stores, many varied restaurants, fashion shops and boutiques), Happy Dragon Courtyard is a hostel located within a Chinese siheyuan - a historical type of courtyard housing-structure that was once commonly found throughout China, and thus our establishment epitomizes the grandeur of traditional Chinese architecture, you'll certainly feel that you're in China, and definitely feel you're staying somewhere special, to leave with great memories (and we hope a great desire to return again!), plus with our various offered spectacular shows (Kungfu, Chinese Opera, Acrobatics) and tours, including several to the Great Wall, professional courteous advice and caring attitude, perhaps you will wonder if your stay really is a step back in time to days of opulence and comfort from an age gone-by.
With our courtyard dating from approximately 1820, during the Qing dynasty, we have retained many of the original features and elements from that time, including statues, imbedded wall sculptures, ornaments, beautiful red lanterns to light the evening after watching a glorious sunset, a water-feature goldfish and turtle pond with bamboo trees, a wishing-well and original architecture providing an authentic atmosphere, plus a central hub of modern bar and restaurant lounge furnished for comfort and pleasure.
We offer comprehensive menus of both Asian and Western food (including an all-day breakfast) prepared by our specialist chefs, as well as a great drinks selection including fantastic coffee, Chinese teas, cheap draft beer, international beers and a full spirits selection, cocktails, bar snacks and special offers, promotions, music, library, internet access, wide-screen tv/dvd for movies, parties, karaoke, live music and more, and with the wonderful bonus of, attractively, a rooftop patio for enjoying the sunshine and chilling-out with a cool drink, or just relaxing at your leisure, meeting fellow guests and travellers, making friends and even more ;)
You'll also feel safe and secure with our fully fluent (multi-lingual) English-speaking 24hr reception staff and hostel staff always on-hand to help, plus reassuring security measures. In addition, whilst there's always plenty of fun to be had, there's also space enough for comfort and quietness after a hard-day's sightseeing here in China's awesome capital city.
In addition we can also help you book domestic and international flights and train tickets as well as being able to book you hostels throughout China. Whatever your expectations may have been, we guarantee you'll be both delighted and surprised, and we all look forward to seeing you here: "Welcome to Happy Dragon Courtyard"
- FREE food parties: Peking roast duck, Chinese dumplings, hot-pot
- Free biycle hutongs tour twice a week
- Great Wall overnight hiking + BBQ (Spring 2011)
- Web access in bar (with Facebook when available!) with headphone / microphones / webcams + USB connection
- FREE Wi-fi access (with Facebook when available!)
- Printing and photocopying service
- Postal service + stamps for sale
- FREE local, city-wide, national travel info
- CD/DVD burning
- Taxi booking service to Beijing sites / railway / airport
- onwards travel advice to other destinations
- train + domestic/international plane ticketing service
- Bicycle hire 20rmb per day
- Kung-fu lessons from Beijing's award winning Tom Zhang
- Rooftop bar patio
- Wishing Well
- Wide-screen TV + dvd + karaoke + live music
- Secure lockers
- Efficient laundry service at 15rmb per kg.
- 24 hour security
- Ensuite (western-style) bathroom with hot and cold shower in all rooms in all private and standard rooms
- FREE towels + linen provided
- FREE shampoo + body wash soap + hand soap in all private and standard rooms
- Ticketing service
- FREE hair-dryer use in all private and standard rooms
- FREE extra blankets + heaters in winter
- Bicycle parking
- All-day breakfast choice of American/English/Continental
- Restaurant with full Chinese + Western food menu
- Hot and cold air-conditioning in all rooms
- Tours desk
- FREE luggage storage
- Great Wall tours (3 different sites)
- Evening shows (Kung-fu, Acrobatics, BeiJing Opera)
- Tibet tours booking
- monthly special offers and promotions
Verfügbarkeit & PreiseWähle bitte die Termine aus und klicke auf "Daten aktualisieren", um die Verfügbarkeit zu sehen
Hostels Ausstattungen & Richtlinien
- 24 Stunden Rezeption
- 24 Stunden Sicherheitsdienst
- Frühstück nicht inklusive
- Kostenloser Internet-Zugang
- Kostenloses Parken
- Kostenloses WLAN
- Bettwäsche im Preis inbegriffen
- Handtücher zum Ausleihen
- Handtücher im Preis inbegriffen
ReiserücktrittsversicherungDiese Unterkunft hat eine 1 Tage Stornierungsfrist. Ergeht innerhalb dieser Zeit keine Stornierung, wird eine Stornogebühr in Höhe der ersten Nacht des Aufenthalts in Rechnung gestellt.
AnfahrtKarte anzeigenKarte verbergen
Address: No51, Dongsi Jiutiao, Dongcheng district, Beijing.
Address in Chinese: 北京市东城区东四九条51号
From Zhangzizhonglu subway station on Line 5, leave by the south-east exit gate C. Then walk just around the corner onto the main road Dongsibeidajie until the entrance just on your left into the signposted Dongsi JiuTiao Hutong. Walk straight onwards for around 3 minutes (youll pass another hostel and also, just before our entrance on the left side of the street, a vintage black saloon sedan car, a relic from the Communist era) and you will see our sign and red front door entrance with two ornate stone lions proudly standing guard outside. If arriving late at night/early morning, please ring the door-bell.
AIRPORT - From the airport a taxi will cost around 100 to 130 RMB. Alternatively you can take the Airport shuttle train to Dongzhimen subway, then take subway Line 2 one station west to YongHeGong Lama Temple station, then change to line 5 and travel south two stops to exit at Zhangzizhonglu station. This will cost 27RMB.
BEIJING STATION From the Beijing main station you can take subway Line 2 one stop west to Chongwenmen station and then change to Line 5 and travel north 4 stops to the Zhangzizhonglu stop (tickets are 2rmb). Then follow the directions as above.
WEST TRAIN STATION - From Beijing West station it is easiest to take a taxi for about 25 RMB.
BEIJING SOUTH STATION - take subway line 4 to Xidan subway station, then change to Line 1 to travel east 4 stops to Dongdan station, then transfer to Line 5 to travel north 3 stops to Zhangzizhonglu station, then follow the directions as above.
(If you can not find us, please give us a call.)