Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki
With more than 3,000 guest reviews we are consistently among the highest rated hostels in Waikiki and on Oahu. We are a favorite among international travelers and those who relish a place to stay that offers a small and intimate environment, well-equipped communal kitchen and spacious social areas. Well aware that Waikiki has become relatively expensive compared with other parts of the world we do our best to make your stay affordable so that you can enjoy one of the world’s most glamorous and beautiful tourist destinations.
We are located in the center of Waikiki, close to a pulsing nightlife, countless shops and restaurants, and 6 minutes away from the beach. Our Banyan Courtyard gives off an old world feel, a vibe of seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the city, shade by day and an open cafe like setting at night. Because we are located off the street we get less noise than many parts of Waikiki.
Free to use -
-Wifi in common areas
-Coffee, Tea and toast for breakfast
-Boogie Boards - Snorkel Gear
Not free, but cheap-
-Breakfast rolls and fresh eggs
Our hostel is comprised of eight dorm rooms with four to six beds in each.
All rooms have a lockable (bring your own lock) storage locker for each guest.
Please note that all of our rooms, including private rooms, share a bathroom.
Additional information to note -
-All bathrooms are shared; Private Rooms do not have their own bathroom and private room entrances lead through shared dorms
-Toilets and bathrooms mixed gender, except in the female dorms
-There is no charge for bed linens and towels
-Luggage storage and free shower for those with late flights
-Next Day Laundry service wash & dry (for a small fee)
Check-in information - very important
The Seaside is a tourist only hostel so a passport or other form of photo ID, credit or debit card and a boarding pass must be presented at check-in
We have a 2 (consecutive) day minimum stay and a maximum of 7 nights total stay policy and do not accept guests under the age of 18, no exceptions.
-Reception open from 8:00 to 24:00 Monday through Sunday. - Please note if you are arriving past check-in time, you will need to contact us beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org. If contacted, we can extend office hours until 1:00am. - Also note that the booking system uses the 24hrs clock.
Rate does not include tax. Your balance is subject to state of Hawaii hotel tax (9.25%) and sales tax (4.5%).From 2018 the new tax rate that applies to customers staying is 14.42% GE and TAT (despite when the booking was made).
Tax ID: Ta-006-407-1680-01
Cancellations are only accepted by email at least 48 Hours in advance of your check-in time. Late cancellations are automatically charged for the first night.
What people forget
**** All rooms, private and dorm, share bathrooms.
**** Private room entrances lead through shared dorms.
**** Live Aloha
Seaside is a traveler's hostel so proof of residency outside the state of Hawaii and a ticket leaving the islands is required.
There is a 48-hour cancellation policy with the Seaside Hawaiian Hostel; please note that our booking agent collects the $2 booking fee and 10% service charge .
Rate does not include tax. The balance is subject to State of Hawaii Hotel Tax (9.25%) and Sales Tax (4.712%)
From 2018 the new tax rate that applies to customers staying is 14.42% GE and TAT (despite when the booking was made).
Reception is from 8:00am to 24:00pm every day. Please contact us,if you are arriving past check-in time. If contacted, we can extend office hours until 1:00am.
**** Please note that all rooms, private and dorm, share bathrooms.
**** Private room entrances lead through shared dorms.
We do not accept guests under the age of 18.
Verfügbarkeit & PreiseWähle bitte die Termine aus und klicke auf "Daten aktualisieren", um die Verfügbarkeit zu sehen
Hostels Ausstattungen & Richtlinien
- 24 Stunden Sicherheitsdienst
- Frühstück inbegriffen
- Schnell Check in / out
- Kostenloser Internet-Zugang
- Kostenloses WLAN
- Kühlschrank / Gefrierschrank
- Haartrockner zum Mieten
- Bügeleisen und Bügelbrett
- Bettwäsche im Preis inbegriffen
- Rezeption (eingeschränkte Öffnungszeiten)
- Möglichkeit der Tee- und Kaffeezubereitung
- Handtücher zum Ausleihen
- Handtücher im Preis inbegriffen
ReiserücktrittsversicherungDiese Unterkunft hat eine 2 Tage Stornierungsfrist. Ergeht innerhalb dieser Zeit keine Stornierung, wird eine Stornogebühr in Höhe der ersten Nacht des Aufenthalts in Rechnung gestellt.
AnfahrtKarte anzeigenKarte verbergen
You can get to and from the Honolulu International Airport using any of the following options:
1) There are always Taxis available at the Airport and in Waikiki. The cost of one trip (with no return) is around $30-$40. It will take around 30 minutes to arrive to destination.
2) If you have the Uber or Lyft app installed on your phone, the average cost is $25 without tip and this as well will take up to 30 minutes to reach the hostel.
3) There are several shuttle services that are available. I would recommend one of the following: Speedi Shuttle (https://speedishuttle.com/), or Roberts Shuttle (http://www.robertshawaii.com/transportation/airport-shuttle). The average price is $17 one way, the price with a return is around $25. It will take you around 30-45 minutes to reach your destination.
4) There is also “The Bus”. Bus #19 and 20 leave the airport and go to Waikiki. While bus #19, 20 and 42, go back to the Airport. However, you will need to have $2.75 (this is a one-way ticket while $5.50 is a day pass) in exact change for a bus ticket, the bus drivers do not provide any change if you do not have the exact amount. AND you are NOT allowed to bring on the bus suitcases, only carry on luggage is permitted. It will take you around 1 hour (if not 1 hour and 30 mins) to arrive at your destination, depending on traffic.