Moreto & Caffeto
The place itself is nothing special. Yes, we are in the wide centre of Sofia (15 minute walk along Vitosha boulevard to the historical area and easy access to Vitosha mountain by public transport, with a supermarket and a park five minutes away), but the location could've been better. Sure, the rooms are spacious and bright, the beds are equipped with those fancy orthopaedic mattresses, privacy curtains and reading lights, as well as safe lockers, but to be honest, we could be more creative and stylish with the design. Of course, we've got hot showers (unless someone decided to take their time and waste all the water) and clean restrooms (we are tired of cleaning them), but all of them are shared. We've got a nice little kitchen (perhaps too little) with all the cooking equipment you need (unless you need a fondue set) and a living room with a common use computer (extremely slow), a big TV (not big enough), a PlayStation (only one joystick works) and a book exchange (come look at all the books people don't want to read). Our Wi-Fi signal is strong throughout the building and the Internet works fine (until something goes out of order). That's probably what we can rely on the most.
One more thing we could try to use to make you come here is activities. There are regular board game nights, movie nights (with drinking games), family dinners, amazing pancakes for breakfast (if we are in the mood, of course), and so on.
The staff... well. You have to come and see.
We promise we will do our best to make sure you enjoy your stay with us.
Come as a traveller, leave as a friend. (We stole this from a picture we found online... sorry)
And if all else fails and you don't like it here, don't hesitate to ask for a free shot of homemade Bulgarian Rakia at reception!
2015, 2016 "Best Hostel Ever" according to the hostel owner's mom
2016 "Best Staff Ever" according to the staff (and one wasted dude who was drinking with the staff)
2015 "Worst Hostel Location" according to a review on another booking website
2014 "Breakthrough of the Year" according to the neighbours
2014 "Most Meaningless Hostel Name" (Nominee)
2016 "Best Hostel with no Actual Awards"
If cancelled or modified less than 2 days (48 hours) before arrival or in case of no-show, the cost of the first night's stay will be charged.
Check-in time is 14:00. (Check-in after 23:00 is possible if you inform us in advance.)
Check-out tme is 11:00.
Payment upon arrival by cash or by credit/debit card.
Breakfast not included.
Smoking outside only.
We are very sorry but the construction of the building makes us inconvenient for disabled people.
Verfügbarkeit & PreiseWähle bitte die Termine aus und klicke auf "Daten aktualisieren", um die Verfügbarkeit zu sehen
Hostels Ausstattungen & Richtlinien
- 24 Stunden Sicherheitsdienst
- Frühstück nicht inklusive
- Zahlung per Kreditkarte möglich
- Kostenlose Stadtpläne
- Kostenloses WLAN
- Zugang per Schlüsselkarte
- Bettwäsche im Preis inbegriffen
- Kein Rezeptionsschluss
- Haustiere erlaubt
- Steuern enthalten
- Möglichkeit der Tee- und Kaffeezubereitung
- Handtücher im Preis inbegriffen
ReiserücktrittsversicherungDiese Unterkunft hat eine 2 Tage Stornierungsfrist. Ergeht innerhalb dieser Zeit keine Stornierung, wird eine Stornogebühr in Höhe der ersten Nacht des Aufenthalts in Rechnung gestellt.
AnfahrtKarte anzeigenKarte verbergen
The fastest and the most comfortable way is to use our transfer service.
By public transport from Central Bus Station/Railway station/Airport to the hostel:
- From CENTRAL BUS STATION and RAILWAY STATION - tram number 1. Take the tram in direction to Ivan Vazov district. You'll reach stop '14 DKC'. It is at boulevard Vitosha. Then you continue on foot straight on bul “Vitosha until you reach the cross with str. “Yanko Zabunov”. Take a left at that street and you'll see Hostel “Moreto & Caffeto”.
- From SOFIA AIRPORT – take bus number 84 to “Orlov most” stop (about 30 min.) and from there use bus 76, 204 or 604 to get to stop “PG Tekstil i moden dizain” (about 10-15 min.).That stop is at bul. Bulgaria
Cross the bulevard and continue on foot along “D-r Stefan Sarafov” str. until you reach the junction with “Burel” str. Then take a right and keep walking on Burel str. After about 200m. on the left side you will see Hostel “Moreto & Caffeto”.
By metro to the hostel:
There are 2 metro stops close to the hostel. Both of them are about 10-15 minutes away from the hostel by foot
- Metro stop “NDK”: This stop is at boulevard Vitosha. From there you continue by foot along the boulevard in direction to South Park (in Bulgarian – Yuzhen Park) and Ivan Vazov district. When you cross str. “Yanko Zabunov” take a left at that street and you'll see Hostel “Moreto & Caffeto”.
- Metro stop “European Union” (“Evropeiski saiuz”): This stop is at the beginning of boulevard Arsenalski. Continue along the boulevard (in direction to South Park (in Bulgarian – Yuzhen Park)) until you get to Vitosha boulevard. Then take a right and keep on walking on blvd. Vitosha until you reach the cross with str. “Yanko Zabunov”, take a right at that street and you'll see Hostel “Moreto & Caffeto”.