Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb
Hi there, You're welcome to book with us, but please read a bit about the place, study the reviews and see what it's about, thank you ;) !
Mali Mrak is a house for travelers and basically anyone who has common sense and an easy going approach to life. This is a good place for you to come if you like it relaxed and easy -> complicated/spoiled/loud people are kindly advised to look somewhere else for accomodations, makes life easier, thank you :=)
The place itself is simple, clean, warm and cozy, run by friends, as well as an ongoing ambience & art project, with many contributions and handmade items from different places. We prefer simplicity, honesty, spontaneity, community, common sense, talks, exchange of ideas, to see who you are and what you do - as long as you respect the house and the people in and around it, you’ll have all our knowledge and resources at your disposal.
We live in an ordinary, safe and quiet neighborhood where it's perfectly normal not to lock doors and worry about such things. Things here are done in an honest and efficient way. While here, please respect the house, it's rules (mostly regarding hygiene and respectful behavior) and the efforts of the people that run it and the people that live around us.
LOCATION: READ THE DIRECTIONS ON HOSTELWORLD how to find us, they’re easy and precise. We're located 400m from the tram (check gmaps or similar apps), and by tram 12-15 minutes from the main square (check were we are - the hostel is NOT in the mainsquare are), in a peaceful neighborhood, as well as 15 minutes walking from the nature park 'Grmošćica', located on the foothills of Medvednica, the local mountain. Ideal if you love hiking & nature. Feel free to ask for tips, also read more below regarding hiking.
As one of the first hostels in Zagreb, we stay true to our reputation as a very friendly place - we take care of our visitors:
• No over-bookings - in case of human error (happens sometimes), we'll book another hostel for you and pay the taxi to take you there.
• If, in above case, there’s a price difference not in your favor, we cover it.
• If, in above case, no free beds can be found in the city, you sleep at a friend's place, free of charge.
• In summer it often happens that the city is full - you can come to our place and we'll see to it that you don't sleep in the train or bus station.
• You don't pay for anything else except the bed you booked (see below also)
• Left-handed people get discounts :D
• We offer free Turing tests.
****** Stuff you can do & have here at the hostel - besides Sleeping: D *******
• You're welcome to join us in exploring Zagreb - we'll show you places outside the tourist mainstream, the secret haunts of the city etc., if you're interested in that.
• Other free stuff: laundry, coffee/tea, random food
• Sexy, fast fiber optics internet
• Free bikes for guests that stay longer – Zagreb is
excellent for bike tours
• Free local wine, and not just some cheap swill: D
• Community dinners, after a market day (see below).
Ask us on time, this takes time to organize and is not
done as a routine. Nothing here is. Except the
• People who are interested in local culture are most welcome to join us on a market day - it’s a lovely event and one of the genuine local things to experience.
• If you're into hiking, let us know – the area around
Zagreb is wonderful, if there’s time, I’ll invite you to
join me and Fenris the dog in exploring some of the
• Special note to gamers: Numenera & Planescape
sessions available, ask at reception!
• We can give you invaluable insider advice on Zagreb and Croatia, as well as access to the social network.
Don’t be shy, don't hesitate to ask us, some of us have traveled enough around here to know a thing or two.
The house is also ideal if you just want to have a quiet time on your own, bothered by no one, to do your own thing; remember, Mali Mrak is *NOT* a party hostel, we don’t do pub crawls, drinking games or similar routines.
Also, for those who are traveling on a budget and have certain skills- if you can and feel like it, feel free to contribute /upgrade the house in a specific way - we love that (especially the art section has grown in the meantime) - create something and in return you can get a discount or a free stay. You certainly wouldn't be the first, and we are known to support travelers in many more ways than just giving convenient bed prices. Contact us via email for details on that.
See you around - or not ;)
The City Tax (7kn per person per night or cca. 1€) is not included in the room price you book online. We have to charge it in any case, and since many wonder what that is, here goes: it's not something any hostel makes up, it's just that - a city tax that goes to the state of Croatia, a way to make money. We must charge it, and keep it separately because of account keeping, so we rather choose not to incorporate it into the bed price (that means: raising that same price for said amount and proclaim 'no additional tax') and charge it separately and show it on your bill.
Card are accepted, but the 3% bank fee is paid by YOU, not the hostel!
That's all, folks!
Verfügbarkeit & PreiseWähle bitte die Termine aus und klicke auf "Daten aktualisieren", um die Verfügbarkeit zu sehen
Hostels Ausstattungen & Richtlinien
- 24 Stunden Rezeption
- Frühstück nicht inklusive
- Zahlung per Kreditkarte möglich
- Kostenlose Stadtpläne
- Gratis Stadtrundfahrt
- Kostenloser Internet-Zugang
- Kostenloses Parken
- Kostenloses WLAN
- Bettwäsche im Preis inbegriffen
- Kein Rezeptionsschluss
- Haustiere erlaubt
- Steuern sind nicht inbegriffen
- Möglichkeit der Tee- und Kaffeezubereitung
- Handtücher im Preis inbegriffen
ReiserücktrittsversicherungDiese Unterkunft hat eine 2 Tage Stornierungsfrist. Ergeht innerhalb dieser Zeit keine Stornierung, wird eine Stornogebühr in Höhe der ersten Nacht des Aufenthalts in Rechnung gestellt.
AnfahrtKarte anzeigenKarte verbergen
TAXI pickup for guests with a safe & excellent company, fixed prices, guaranteed no rip-offs, can pay with card. Rates: Airport - hostel 120 kn; Train/bus station 50/55 kn. Email us for arranging pickups for you, we'll gladly help!
- From the main square ( Ban Jelačić square ) take trams 6 or 11
- From the main train/bus station take trams 2 or 6
- From the airport take a shuttle ( 5€ or 35kn ) that will take you to the main bus station.
-All trams must be taken in direction ČRNOMEREC. Here is the link to day tram lines:
and the night lines:
The quickest way here is 7 minutes by local train from the main train station - take a local train direction 'Zaprešić', get off at station 'Kustošija' and you're 400m from the hostel; paste the following url for precise directions into your browser:
The tram ride will take 15-20 min. Your stop is the last one, called Črnomerec. ( It is the 6th station from the Main (Jelačić) square )
When you get there, just keep walking on the left side of the street that the tram was driving on ( the name of this street is Ilica ). After 400m, by Ilica nr. 275 turn left into Ivanićeva street (at the bakery called 'Mlinar'), and that's it, you'll see the hostel's banner on the left after 50m.
USEFUL NOTE: Zagreb's mainsquare has a free wi-fi bubble - go there, login and send us a message if you need help; you can use the social network page or the email address email@example.com