Hostel Cosmopolitan welcomes international travelers looking for affordable accommodation in the centre of Kuala Lumpur. We have private single, double and twin rooms, as well mixed and single-sex dormitories.
We are located right between the famous Chow Kit night market and Kampung Baru, an area known for great Malay food. There is a monorail station just 50 metres from the hostel which can take you to Bukit Bintang, the shopping and entertainment district in 8 minutes and to KL Sentral Terminal in just 17 minutes. We are also found on several convenient bus routes and we are a 13-minute walk from Putra Bus Terminal. We are 30 mins ocommuter train ride from the new Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) \"Southern Integrated Terminal\" for buses to southern destinations.
Our competitive rates includes :-
* Free Desktop Internet Access (unlimited usage) on our 4 computers
* Free WiFi (unlimited usage) available the whole premises
* Free use of Security Locker
As well as a fully-equipped guest kitchen we have a cozy lounge area with a large TV and an extensive range of movies.
- Regular check-in: 14:00 pm
- Regular check-out: 11:00 am
- A 24-hour check-in is available (reception open 8am - 11pm) with prior notice. However, access to the room is at 14:00 (earlier if available, & with additional charges) .
- Late check-out can be arranged if available (charges apply)
- No curfew
- Rooms will be held until 6pm unless prior notification is given.
- Notice of cancellations/amendments must be received at least 72 hours in advance or the full amount of the booking will be charged.
- We are a no-smoking & no-alcohol premises.
*Our hostel has a resident cat (sometimes cats) and therefore unsuitable for guests with allergies to stay.
Room Rate Discounts (max 5%) Terms & Conditions apply.
Long-stay = 5% discount from Day 8th onwards
Selected nationalities = 5% discount from Day 1
(all 10 ASEAN countries, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, China, Taiwan.
(ASEAN = Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei)
17 mins (via Monorail commuter train) from KL Sentral Terminal
12 mins (via LRT commuter train) to Puduraya Bus stn, Chinatown
5 mins (via Monorail) to Golden Triangle (Bukit Bintang) shopping malls
Min 72-hr notice for cancellations/amendments, otherwise FULL AMOUNT DUE is charged on your credit card. Please DO NOT book if you are not sure of honouring your booking contract.
We are NOT a Party Hostel !!! No alcohol consumption allowed in the premises !!!
Disponibilidad y preciosPara ver la disponibilidad y los precios, selecciona las fechas y pincha "Actualizar fechas"
Instalaciones & Políticas de Albergue
- Recepción 24 horas
- Seguridad 24 horas
- Aire acondicionado
- Traslado al aeropuerto
- Cajero automático
- Estacionamiento de bicicletas
- Intercambio de libros
- Desayuno no incluido
- Televisión por cable
- Ventilador de techo
- Se aceptan niños
- Sala común
- Se aceptan tarjetas de crédito
- Tipo de cambio
- Servicio de fax
- Mapas de la ciudad gratis
- Acceso gratuito a Internet
- Wifi gratuito
- Sala de juegos
- Secadores de pelo
- Secadores de pelo para alquilar
- Duchas de agua caliente
- Acceso a Internet
- Incluye ropa de cama
- Mini supermercado
- No fumadores
- Terraza al aire libre
- Servicio postal
- Caja fuerte
- Mostrador de excursiones
- Alquiler de toallas
Política de cancelaciónEsta propiedad cuenta con una política de cancelación de 3 días. Si no se realiza la cancelación dentro de ese plazo se aplicará un recargo de anulación igual a la primera noche de tu estancia.
IndicacionesMostrar mapaOcultar mapa
Our Full Address :
No. 73 & 75, Jalan Haji Hussein,
(we are located between 7-Eleven & Klinik Lee)
Off Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz,
District of Chow Kit & Kampung Baru,
50300 Kuala Lumpur
(nearest landmark : Monorail - Chow Kit station, just 1 minute walk away)
We are also 1 min walk from the 20-storey Hotel Brisdale (which is opposite Chow Kit Fire Station) on Jalan Haji Hussein.
WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO PRINT OUT OUR LOCATION MAP (photo no.4) !!! You'll regret not doing so ; )
Directions for your Malay-speaking taxi driver
'Hotel ini berada di Jalan Haji Hussein (off Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz) & bersebelahan kedai runcit 7-Eleven. Hotel ini juga amat dekat dengan Hotel City Villa, Hotel Brisdale, dan Balai Bomba Chow Kit, semuanya di Jalan Haji Hussein. Dari stesen Monorel di Chow Kit, hotel ini cuma 100 meter jauhnya.'
'Jalan' = street / road / avenue
'Lorong' = lane
'Monorail' / 'LRT' / 'KTM Komuter' = commuter trains / subway / metro / underground / tube
ARRIVING BY AIR
Kuala Lumpur is served by 2 commercial airports. The main & newer airport is the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) in Sepang which is 67km south of the city centre, while the other one is the smaller & older airport called Sultan Abdul Aziz Airport (SAAS) in Subang, 30km west of the city centre. SAAS currently only used by Firefly & Berjaya Air for both domestic & international routes. All other airlines fly out from KLIA from either the Main Terminal (KLIA-Main) or the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (KLIA-LCCT)
From Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), go to KL Sentral Terminal:
If arriving at the KLIA-Main Terminal:
- take the quarter-hourly fast-speed KLIA Ekspres train (28 minutes, RM35.00), or
- take the half-hourly 'Airport Coach' bus(75 minutes, RM10.00).
If arriving at the KLIA-2 Terminal (KLIA2):
- take the half-hourly 'SkyBus' bus (75 minutes, RM10.00), or
- take the half-hourly 'AeroBus' bus (75 minutes, RM10.00),
Airport Taxi from either the Main or KLIA2 Terminal, costs approximately RM75 per car (with 50% midnight surcharge for travels between 00:00 - 06:00).
From KL Sentral Terminal:
- take the intra-city commuter train, 'Monorail', to its Chow Kit station (17 minutes, RM2.50).
Note : The KL Sentral 'Monorail' station is not located within the KL Sentral building but 5 minutes walk across the street called 'Jalan Tun Sambanthan'.
If arriving at the SAAS Airport in Subang
take a taxi for approximately RM40 for per car to the Hostel. No direct bus or train is available from SAAS Airport to KL city centre.
ARRIVING BY BUS AND/OR INTRA-CITY COMMUTER TRAIN
From Hentian Puduraya Bus Terminal:
- take the Ampang-line or Sri Petaling-line 'LRT' (Light Rail Transit) (formerly known as Star-LRT) from Plaza Rakyat station or Masjid Jamek station, to PWTC station (8 minutes, RM1.20). From LRT line at PWTC station, see directions below. Alternatively, go all the way to Titiwangsa station, then switch to the Monorail line to Chow Kit station.
From Hentian Putra Bus Terminal & LRT Ampang-line / Sri Petaling-line, PWTC station:
- walk along Jalan Putra / Jalan Chow Kit towards Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman (Jalan TAR) for approximately 9-10 minutes. When you reach Jalan TAR, the Monorail Chow Kit station will be 50 meters on your left. Walk towards the station, then turn right into Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz. After 10 meters, turn right into Jalan Haji Hussein where Hostel Cosmopolitan (in a 5-storey glass-panelled modern building) is located (next to 7-Eleven). Hostel Cosmopolitan is also 2 doors before City Villa Hotel & 3 doors before Brisdale Hotel, on the same road.
From Bandar Tasik Selatan Integrated Transport Terminal (new intercity bus stn)
-take the LRT Sri Petaling line, then change at Titiwangsa stn for the Monorail line, or
-take the KTM Komuter line OR KLIA Transit line to KL Sentral Terminal, then refer to 'From KL Sentral Terminal'
From 'Monorail' Chow Kit station:
- if you get down from Platform 1 onto the street (Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman), turn left after the stairs & cross the road to Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz and after 20 meters, turn right into Jalan Haji Hussein where Hostel Cosmopolitan (in a 5-storey modern building) is located (next to 7-Eleven). Hostel Cosmopolitan is also 2 doors before City Villa Hotel & 3 doors before Brisdale Hotel, on the same road.
ARRIVING BY INTER-CITY KTM (KERETAPI TANAH MELAYU) TRAINS
- get down at KL Sentral Terminal & refer to the directions above.
ABOUT TAXIS IN KUALA LUMPUR
All KL Taxis are required by law to use the meter all the time. The flag-off rate is RM3.00 & RM0.20 is charged for every subsequent 150 metres. Between midninght & 6.00am, a 50% additional surcharge is added. 3rd & 4th passengers is an additional RM0.20 & RM0.40. Big luggage carries additional minimal charges e.g RM1.00 per bag.
If the driver refuses to use the meter, get the next one that does. Take down details (car plate no., driver's name, time & date of incident) of the taxi should you choose to lodge a complaint with the authorities. We will assist you in lodging the complaint.
If you really have to take a taxi without a meter, below is a rough guide on the charges :-
Sample Taxi Fares (please add extra 50% for the midnight surcharge, 12mn-6am) to Hostel Cosmopolitan :-
1. From Hentian Puduraya Bus Terminal (distance 3km) : RM10.00 to RM15.00
2. From Hentian Putra Bus Terminal (distance 1km) : RM5.00 to RM7.00
3. From KL Sentral Terminal (distance 6km) : buy coupon for RM13.00
4. From KLIA- Main Terminal - KL Intl Airport - buy coupon for RM75
5. From KLIA2 Terminal - KL Intl Airport - buy coupon for RM75
6. From Subang Intl Airport - buy coupon for RM40
Guests are strongly recommended to use the commuter trains (Monorail, LRTs, KTM Komuter). Operating hours are from 6.00am to 12midnight.
Even if the taxi driver agrees to use the meter, he may take you around & around the city to justify the 'distance'. Therefore, stick to the commuter trains.
We strongly recommend that you print out the local map (photo no.4) to find your way easier. Chances are you will have a difficult time finding us if you rely solely on the address even with the help of a taxi driver. Taxi drivers are also known to try get you to other hostels/hotels where they will get an extra commission from the hostels/hotels.
However, if you decide to take a taxi, ask the driver to take you to the 3-star & 20-storey-high Hotel Brisdale in Chow Kit. We are just 50 meters to the north, on the same road (Jalan Haji Hussein). Just look for a 7-Eleven store on the same road, & we are just next door! Otherwise look for the Chow Kit Monorail (commuter train) station, & we are located in between the Monorail station & Hotel Brisdale.
Hostel Cosmopolitan is located south-east of the Chow Kit Monorail station !!!
How you can locate us in your Travel Guidebooks?
- Lonely Planet's 'Southeast Asia on a Shoestring' 15th Edition - page 440, grid D3,
- Lonely Planet's 'Southeast Asia on a Shoestring' 14th Edition - page 424, grid D3,
- Lonely Planet's 'Southeast Asia on a Shoestring' 13th Edition - page 426, grid D3,
- Lonely Planet's 'Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei' 11th Edition - page 92, grid C3,
- Lonely Planet's 'Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei' 10th Edition - page 84, grid C3,
- Lonely Planet's 'Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, & Penang' 1st Edition, page 92, grid B2,
- Rough Guide's 'Southeast Asia' 3rd Edition - page 638, top half of the map.
IMPORTANT NOTE (POLICY) :
The FULL AMOUNT DUE is collected upon check-in even if stay is shortened. Any amendments to reservations to be notified directly to us 72-hours before your stated original arrival time. Pleaseeee DO NOT book to stay with us if you are not sure of honouring your booking contract !
Please have sufficient Ringgit (the local currency) when checking-in. No other currencies are accepted.
Please re-confirm directly to us by e-mail if you are going to arrive beyond 18:00hrs, otherwise we will not guarantee your booking after 18:00hrs.
See you !!!