Casa Kiwi Hostel Medellin
Casa Kiwi Hostel is happy to offer: a roof-top terrace at tree-canopy height with great views, a bar and a plunge pool, an open-air hammock area, another terrace on the 1st floor with bar service where you can hang out with friends, socialize and relax. We have a mini-theatre with a big-screen HDTV and satellite reception, a large kitchen with free coffee and tea, and last but not least, a pool-table lounge where you can listen to varied world-music. In our restaurant, we offer different dishes and a complete breakfast at a good price. There is also a mini market across the street and tons of bars, clubs, shopping malls and restaurants very close to the hostel. The nearest station (Poblado) is located 15 min walking. Hopefully, we'll see you here soon!
For our rooms, we have privates with their own bathroom and other ones with shared bathrooms. If you want to share a room with other travelers, we have dorms of 4, 6, 8 and 11 beds. Each bed has its own locker; all you need is your own padlock. The private rooms have a safe.
We have a Hatha yoga lessons every mondays an wednesday at 9 a.m
Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout the building and there are also computers to use for free. We can also print your boarding pass for free in reception. You can also borrow towels and hairdryer.
We have a 24 hours reception, so you don’t need to worry about arriving late or early. There is always someone to help you out if you need to book tickets, tours or any information about the city. If your departure from Medellin is later in the day or you are arriving earlier than check in time, you are more than welcome to use our common areas during that day.
Things to Note
*Check-in: from 14:00
*Check-out: before 12:00 p.m.
*Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards, debit cards.
*Taxes not included for Colombian residents and citizens - occupancy tax 19% (IVA) per person per night.
*If you are going to arrive later than midnight, please contact us by email to keep your reservation.
*Guests under the age of 18 are not allowed to stay in shared dormitories. They must book private rooms and stay with their parents.
* Please note that when making reservations for more than one person in a dorm, we cannot guarantee that you will be placed in the same room.
*Visitors are allowed in the lobby on the first floor.
*Bed linen included.
*Breakfast not included.
*Cancellations must be notified at least 1 day before arrival by mail.
*Sex Tourism and Hard Drug use is forbidden.
Disponibilidad y preciosPara ver la disponibilidad y los precios, selecciona las fechas y pincha "Actualizar fechas"
Instalaciones & Políticas de Albergue
- Recepción 24 horas
- Seguridad 24 horas
- Alquiler de bicicletas
- Estacionamiento de bicicletas
- Desayuno no incluido
- Televisión por cable
- Se aceptan niños
- Sala común
- Se aceptan tarjetas de crédito
- Mapas de la ciudad gratis
- Acceso gratuito a Internet
- Wifi gratuito
- Duchas de agua caliente
- Acceso a Internet
- Incluye ropa de cama
- Sin límite de hora
- No fumadores
- Piscina al aire libre
- Terraza al aire libre
- Se aceptan animales
- Mesa de billar
- Baño de Vapor
- Máquina para Té y Café
- Mostrador de excursiones
- Alquiler de toallas
- Toallas incluidas
Política de cancelaciónEsta propiedad cuenta con una política de cancelación de 1 días. Si no se realiza la cancelación dentro de ese plazo se aplicará un recargo de anulación igual a la primera noche de tu estancia.
IndicacionesMostrar mapaOcultar mapa
Address: Carrera 36 Numero 7-10.
+From the Terminal Norte bus station:
(1) A taxi costs about $17.000 COP. Tell the driver to go to Parque Lleras and then to take Calle 7 up to the hostel. All taxi drivers in Medellin must use the Taxi Meter ('taxímetro'), so make sure they turn it on when you get into the taxi, no negotiation necessary. The starting price is COP 3.200.
(2) By Metro/Bus combination. In the Metro Station by the Terminal Norte, buy a 'Poblado Integrado' ticket: they will give you one ticket for the Metro and another for a Metro Bus. Take the Metro south to the 'El Poblado' Metro Station. Once there, catch a bus just outside the metro station that says 'Metro'. About 10 blocks later, get off at Dominos Pizza on the corner of Carrera 36 and Calle 10. Turn right and walk down Carrera 36 two blocks to Calle 7 and you will see Casa Kiwi Hostel on the left, across the street from the Exito mini-market.
+From the Terminal Sur bus station / Olaya Herrera Local Airport:
(1) A taxi costs about $9.000 COP. Tell the driver to go to Parque Lleras and then to take Calle 7 up to the hostel. All taxi drivers in Medellin must use the Taxi Meter ('taxímetro'), so make sure they turn it on when you get into the taxi, no negotiation necessary.
+From the Jose Maria Cordoba International Airport:
(1) There are safe, reliable taxies at the exit of the airport that charge a set official rate of $70.000 COP to anywhere in Medellin. Just give them the address of the hostel, and tell them that it is a few block from Parque Lleras in El Poblado, Provenza Area. Also, ask the price before you get into the taxi to make sure they won't overcharge. No negotiation necessary.
(2) You can also take a shuttle (colectivo) from the airport to San Diego Shopping Mall. From there a taxi to Casa Kiwi is about $10.000 COP.
If you ever have a problem with a taxi driver's price, please feel free to ask for assistance in the reception when you arrive at Casa Kiwi so we can help straighten things out.