International Student Center
Welcome to your home away from home! The International Student Center is centrally located in Manhattan on the Upper West Side, in a safe residential area next to the beautiful Central Park. Subway and buses are easily accessible, making your way around New York more enjoyable.
The accommodation includes 44 dormitory style bunk beds in both single sex and co-ed rooms. Guests do not necessarily have to be students and we accept US residents except for residents of New York City.
We are a YOUTH HOSTEL and guests must be between the ages of 18 and 35 to be checked-in.
• 48 hrs cancellation notice - Any cancellations with 24 hours will be charge a night's stay
• 'No Show' would lead to a night's stay being charged
• No same day refunds after check in
• Office hours 8.00-23.00
• Check In: 15.00-21.00. Late check-in available until 10pm, please call or e-mail us in advance.
• Check-out: 10.00
• There is no curfew - $10 deposit for key
• Maximum stay is 7 days from 1st June through September and 14 nights October-May (depending on availability) Advance reservations made for more than 7 nights June-Sept and 14 nights October-May will not be accepted. There must be 30 days between every maximum night stay.
• We do not have wifi and no large bags are allowed upstairs into the rooms. Large suitcases must remain in the office. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
• Rooms are closed for cleaning every day from 11am-3pm
• Cash, traveler cheque and credit cards are accepted for payment
• Valid passport is required for check-in
• Reservations of 2 or more persons traveling together may not all be in the same dormitory. We will do our best to accommodate you.
FOR SUMMER: We do not have air conditioning.
Disponibilidad y preciosPara ver la disponibilidad y los precios, selecciona las fechas y pincha "Actualizar fechas"
Instalaciones & Políticas de Albergue
- Restricciones de edad
- Aire acondicionado
- Juegos de mesa
- Desayuno no incluido
- Televisión por cable
- Sala común
- Se aceptan tarjetas de crédito
- Mapas de la ciudad gratis
- Duchas de agua caliente
- Acceso a Internet
- Incluye ropa de cama
- Sin límite de hora
- No fumadores
- Alquiler de toallas
Política de cancelaciónEsta propiedad cuenta con una política de cancelación de 2 días. Si no se realiza la cancelación dentro de ese plazo se aplicará un recargo de anulación igual a la primera noche de tu estancia.
IndicacionesMostrar mapaOcultar mapa
Approximate Travel Times to the International Student Center, from:
JFK Airport (90-120 minutes) by subway;
Newark Airport (1 hour) by bus; 45 minutes by train.
LaGuardia Airport (1 hour) by bus or train;
Port Authority Bus Terminal (15 minutes) by subway;
Grand Central Station (30 minutes) by subway;
Penn Station (20 minutes) by subway.
The International Student Center is located in a brownstone building on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in New York City. Our address is 38 West 88th Street, between Columbus Avenue and Central Park West Avenue, near the 86th Street Subway station on the B and C subway trains. We do not have a large sign, please look for the number 38 over the door.
To reach us from JFK International Airport:
Take the Airtrain from the airport terminal to the Howard Beach subway station, where you can take the A train towards Manhattan. Change to the C or B train at 59th street (Columbus Circle). Get off at 86th street and exit at the front of the train.
Stop by the Ground Transportation desk and ask about where to catch the Super Shuttle Van, which will drop you off at the door of the International Student Center (38 West 88th Street in Manhattan, between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue). Cost: $20/person. Call 1-212-258-3826.
From Newark International Airport:
Take the AirTrain from the terminal to the Newark International Airport Train Station. Take the New Jersey Transit Train to Penn Station). Follow directions from Penn Station (below).
Take the Olympia bus ($13 one-way ticket) from the airport to 42nd Street and Port Authority terminal in Manhattan. From here, take the C train Uptown to 86th street.
From La Guardia International Airport:
You can take the M 60 bus from La Guardia Airport to the last stop, 113th Street and Broadway in Manhattan. Then take the M 104 bus going downtown to 88th Street and Broadway. Walk two blocks from Broadway and 88th Street toward Central Park West Avenue (past Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues.)
You can also take a taxi (approximately $30) from La Guardia airport to the International Student Center at 38 West 88th Street in Manhattan, between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue.
Stop by the Ground Transportation desk and ask about where to catch the Super Shuttle, which will drop you off at the door of the International Student Center (38 West 88th Street in Manhattan, between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue). Cost: $15/person. Call 1-212-258-3826.
From Penn Station or Port Authority Bus Terminal:
Take the C Subway train going uptown to the 86th Street stop, and exit on 88th street.