Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna
...you'll find great prices, immaculate accommodations, comfy beds, kitchen & BBQ, lovely gardens, musical instruments, free wireless & the friendliest staff in town!
Hostel Ruthensteiner, just 4 minutes from our newest train station and within walking distance of both the City Center and beautiful Palace Schoenbrunn, this is the ideal place from which to explore Vienna! An oasis in Vienna, our hostel is perfect for relaxing and making new friends after a busy day of sightseeing - either in one of our beautiful gardens, lounge or in the cozy bar. Friends and family-run and 'one of a kind, not one of a chain!' We look forward to welcoming you!!!
Special features include:
*Free use of large, well-equipped self-service kitchen and BBQ
*Beautiful gardens for relaxing, enjoying a drink from the bar, making new friends
and playing oversized chess with our handmade wooden figures.
*Musical instruments for your use
*Free wireless with your own laptop
*Free Info Computer
*Relaxed bar serving the best draft beer in town,
cocktails, wine and non-alcoholics!
*Book great bike and walking tours at our reception!
(also the famous all-day 'Grape Grazing/Biking' tour to
the Wachau wine-growing region in the Danube Valley!)
*Bicycle Friendly- large room for bike storage, complete with tools!
*Book Trade & Games
*Breakfast offered from 2.50 - 3.50 Euros
*'Art from Around the World'
We offer all sorts of accommodations to appeal to everyone from 4-8 bed dorms (both mixed and single sex) to private 1-5 bed rooms and intimate doubles, both ensuite and dorm-style. All rooms include crisp linens, free Wireless and use of our inviting facilities.
If you cannot find availability for a specific night and want to extend your stay, this is usually possible! Please just remember to ask before or upon check-in! Thanks!
We can't wait to have you stay with us!!!
***Please remember that our hostel is NON-Smoking and no pets are allowed.
***If you are more than 8 people (Group), you must first enquire at the hostel before booking. We are NOT obliged to honor group bookings (that also goes for groups that split their booking)! Thanks for your understanding.
***Cash payment preferred upon check-in. Credit card is slightly (3%) more.
Disponibilidad y preciosPara ver la disponibilidad y los precios, selecciona las fechas y pincha "Actualizar fechas"
Instalaciones & Políticas de Albergue
- Recepción 24 horas
- Seguridad 24 horas
- Alquiler de bicicletas
- Estacionamiento de bicicletas
- Juegos de mesa
- Intercambio de libros
- Ventilador de techo
- Se aceptan niños
- Sala común
- Se aceptan tarjetas de crédito
- Mapas de la ciudad gratis
- Acceso gratuito a Internet
- Wifi gratuito
- Secadores de pelo
- Secadores de pelo para alquilar
- Duchas de agua caliente
- Acceso a Internet
- Incluye ropa de cama
- Sin límite de hora
- No fumadores
- Terraza al aire libre
- Servicio postal
- Luz de lectura
- Caja fuerte
- Baño de Vapor
- IVA incluido
- Mostrador de excursiones
- Alquiler de toallas
- Máquinas expendedoras
Política de cancelaciónEsta propiedad cuenta con una política de cancelación de 1 días. Si no se realiza la cancelación dentro de ese plazo se aplicará un recargo de anulación igual a la primera noche de tu estancia.
IndicacionesMostrar mapaOcultar mapa
How to get here from WESTBAHNHOF (train station):
From the TRAIN PLATFORM: Go down the escalator and follow the signs to Mariahilferstrasse. Exit station and walk straight ahead – the first street you come to is Mariahilferstrasse…
From the METRO (U3/U6): Take the escalator, following signs to Mariahilferstrasse. Take the exit marked Aüßere Mariahilferstrasse (to your right) – Mariahilferstrasse is the street to your left…
From the AIRPORT BUS: Enter the train station and follow the signs towards Mariahilferstrasse. Exit station and walk straight ahead – the first street you come to is Mariahilferstrasse…
…then turn RIGHT onto Mariahilferstrasse and walk a few minutes. Take your second left onto Haidmannsgasse (there is a repa copyshop on the corner). Take the first RIGHT – you made it! We are at Robert-Hamerlinggasse 24.
How to get to WESTBAHNHOF from:
• Airport (45 min): Airport Bus Line 7 to Westbahnhof. There’s a bus leaving every 30 min (xx:05; xx:35).
• Hauptbahnhof (15 min): Take metro line U1 (direction Leopoldau) to Stephansplatz (big church symbol), then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• City center / Stephansplatz (7 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Meidling (5 min): Take metro line U6 (direction Floridsdorf) to Westbahnhof
• Olympiaplatz / Stadion (Studentagency bus stop) (25 min): Take metro line U2 (direction Karlsplatz) to Volkstheater, then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Franz-Josef-Kai Nr. 27 / Schwedenplatz (Orangeways bus stop) (10 min): Take metro line U1 (direction Reumannplatz) to Stephansplatz, then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Erdberg (Eurolines bus station) (25 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Franz Josef’s Bahnhof (20 min): Take tram 5 or metro line U6 (direction Alterlaa or Siebenhirten) to Westbahnhof
• Ottakring Park&Ride (8 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Simmering) to Westbahnhof
All of central Vienna is a short term parking area, even where there is no sign! In order to park during business hours (Monday through Friday, 9am – 7pm), you will need a prepaid parking voucher (up to 2 hours only, available at reception). There is usually plenty of street parking available in front of our hostel. Unfortunately we cannot offer full day parking during the week. Parking is free on weekends, holidays, and in the evenings (7pm – 9am). Motorbikes park for free anytime.
If you arrive during the week, we suggest you use one of these parking lots. The cheapest all-day and overnight option is Park&Ride, all of which are located close to a metro station – Ottakring Park&Ride, for example, is just a 10 minute metro ride from Westbahnhof.
FREE 15 minute parking vouchers for unloading the car are available at the reception.