General Policies for Carnival 2015:
** Minimum Stay: 3 nights (from July the 9th onward)
** Payment Method: Credit Card or wire transfer.
** Payment policy: 50% in advance is required. After your booking is confirmed by hostelworld.com, You will be contacted to proceed and arrange the payment method. Failure to complete the payment in 5 working days will result in cancellation of your booking.
** Cancellation Policy: Non Refundable
** No-Show Policy: It will be charged the remaining due to check in
Please consider that only for those special dates and after you have made your Hostelworld Reservation (which is 10-17 %), we will contact you to further pay another 30-32 % (by credit card or Western Union Transfer) prior to arrival (unfortunately it has to be done after the initial reservation because we cannot do it within Hostelworld) ... also consider that this is non-refundable ... we take all these precautions because loads and loads of people ask for these specific periods and we cannot afford to have people 'not showing up'
I mean, are you really willing to pay up to double the price so you can stay in some dumb-dirty hostel just because it is like 100 meters nearer ipanema beach ?? ... we are at a 5 min. bus ride from a really nice-not-overcrowded beach but we are light years ahead the vast majority of the hostels in terms of service, staff, personality, fun, etc ...
Perharps you are willing to stay on just another hostel full of europeans, americans, aussies and israelis ?? no ?? yes ?? ... what if you could stay in a place where 60 % of the guests are brazilians ?? then you would get a real experience WITHIN the hostel, wouldnt that be bloody cool ??
Man, half of the hostels in Rio are complete crap and most of the other half are just dumb-nothing-to-do-except-for-sleeping places ... so you think you are pretty smart by booking a place 5 reals cheaper ?? a place with triple bunks, 16 + people dorms, thin mattresses, lousy breakfast, no bar, no fun ??
Here is my promise: make your reservation with us and when you arrive at the hostel if you do not like it we will pay you the taxi to any other hostel you want in rio ... Why would we do this ?? Because we are supremely confident that you will be delighted with Tupiniquim, i mean, when our guests come back to rio, 95 % of them come back to Tupiniquim ... See for yourself ...
... Tupiniquim is for sure the most original hostel in rio de janeiro - (O Globo Newspaper Review in feb. 2008) ... you are not staying in just another hostel, this is a really different hostel ...
We accept visa and mastercard !!!
Free WIFI for all our guests
Free pool table
Free TV / DVD room
Free Brazilian style breakfast: 08-10 am
But you see, the core of a hostel is not a beautiful and charming house (like ours), or plenty super-duper hot showers (which we have 13 of, in fact) or any of those welcome features ... The core is the people ... In this case the interaction between us, your brazilian hosts, and you ... We are here because of you ... Attention to detail and quality in every possible human aspect ... Command us ...
- multi-lingual staff: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew ...
- 24 hour reception ...
- Free WiFi if you prefer (speed according to your wifi setup, up to 50 Mbps) ...
- air conditioning in all rooms (from 08 PM till 10 AM)...
- security lockers big enough for your backpacks (1 x 1 x 0,50 meters each)
- bar and chilling area with a gorgeous view from the Christ ...
- Our TV room has a massive 55'' LCD in which you can enjoy cable tv (with all your favorites shows) and more than 400 films, all free of charge ...
- Pool table
- central location from all major attractions:
3 min. subway (one station) to Copacabana Beach
10 min. bus to Lapa, Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont) and all the Historical Downtown of Rio
15 min. bus to Lagoa, Botanical Garden and the Sugar Loaf Mountain
15 min. subway (4 stations) to Ipanema Beach
20 min. bus to the Statue of Christ the Redeemer
20 min. bus to Ipanema Beach
25 min. subway to the Maracan Stadium (temple of football in Rio)
30 min. bus to the Central Bus Station (Rodoviria)
40 min. bus or taxi to the International Airport (Galeo)
- All rooms (except for 2 6-people shared bathroom) have their own bathroom and there are shared bathrooms in the 2nd. and 3rd. floor if you are in a hurry ...
- spacious rooms with extra big windows for maximum ventilation (except for 1 windowless shared room, but this got extra air conditioning: 6 PM to 12 pm ...
- solid-noble-wood double bunks with plenty of space (1 meter) between each bed ... I said double and not triple bunks :)
- 17 cm high and 120 kg resistant, comfortable, brand-new mattresses (and not those cheap and dirty ones you see in many hostels)
- 6 double, triple or quadruple private rooms ...
- free bedsheets and blankets
- free brazilian style breakfast (08:00 to 10:00)
- fully equipped backpackers kitchen where you can fully use all things (except for the fridge)
- luggage room ( in case you check out and want to hang around)
- plenty of space in our terrace with it's bbq area and Christ the Redeemer view ...
- lots of the most popular board games such as: chess, backgammon, checkers, risk, domino, cards, etc ...
- multicultural library to understand rio de janeiro and brazil
- airport and bus station pickup (subject to availability)
- all the travel info you might possibly need
- car parking (third party) available near the hostel
- taxes included
- no minimum or maximum stay (except for New Year's Eve and Carnival)
- no lockout or curfew
The prices displayed on Hostelworld are for Hostel International Members, after you make your reservation we will contact you to see if you are a member and offer you the membership.
Otherwise you will have to pay R$ 8 - R$ 15 per day on check in time.
We strongly recommend to be a member because depending on the number of nights that you stay the HI Hostel Card is for Free.
Disponibilité et tarifsPour vérifier la disponibilité et les prix, veuillez sélectionner vos dates puis cliquez sur "Mettre à jour les dates"
Installations & Politiques Auberge
- Accueil 24h/24
- Sécurité 24h/24
- Les transferts depuis ou vers l'aéroport
- Parking à vélos
- Jeux de société
- Petit déjeuner inclus
- Télévision par câble
- Adapté aux enfants
- Salle commune
- Cartes bancaires acceptées
- Plans de ville gratuits
- Wifi gratuit
- Salle de jeux
- Douches chaudes
- Accès à Internet
- Linge de lit inclus
- Casiers à bagages
- Repas disponibles
- Pas de couvre-feu
- Terrasse extérieure
- Table de billard
- TVA inclue
- Machines à thé / café
- Bureau des excursions
Politique d'annulationCette propriété a une politique d'annulation de 0 jours. Si vous n'annulez pas dans cet intervalle de temps, vous devrez payer des frais d'annulation du montant de la première nuit de votre séjour.
ItinéraireVoir le planCacher la carte
Do Aeroporto Internacional (Galeão):
Pega o ônibus da companhia 'Real' que vai pra Copacabana (custa R$ 13) e pede pro motorista te deixar no ponto do Mourisco (último ponto da Praia de Botafogo) ... tendo o Mourisco à sua esquerda você verá ali pertinho um viaduto, quando passar por baixo já está na Rua Prof. Álvaro Rodrigues, segue reto que a quarta rua à esquerda é a Paulo Barreto ...
RESUMINDO: viaduto, reto, quarta à esquerda ... (uns 40 min. de busão e 8 min. andando)
Do Aeroporto Doméstico (Santos-Dumont):
Pega qualquer um dos seguintes ônibus (custam R$ 2,50) que vão pelo aterro do Flamengo: 404, 413, 415 ou 455 e salta no mesmo ponto que indiquei logo acima, ou seja: no Mourisco (10 min. de busão e 8 min. andando)
Da Rodoviária (Novo Rio):
Aqui tem 2 formas: se for saltar no Mourisco (instruções acima) tem que pegar o 127 ou o 128
A outra é pegar o 136, 170, 172 ou 178 e saltar no 2º ponto da São Clemente (logo após a Casa de Rui Barbosa), entra na Rua 19 de Fevereiro, atravessa a Voluntários da Pátria, sobe meio quarteirão pra entrar na Paulo Barreto ... (30 min. de busão e 8 min. andando)
Vindo do Antigo Tupiniquim
Pra vocês, galera que já faz parte da Tribo, saindo do Antigo Tupiniquim vão pra pracinha, ali no supermercado é a Rua General Polidoro, é só ir no contrafluxo dos carros, a quarta a direita é a Paulo Barreto ... (dá uns 6 min. andando)