Welcome to Amsterdam, also called Venice of the North for its beautiful romantic canals and great historical architecture. We are situated on the main road in Amsterdam, one minute from Dam Square and just five minutes walking distance from the Red Light District and Amsterdam Central Station. All major attractions and sites are ten minutes away including the famous House of Ann Frank, the Van Gogh Museum, the Heineken Brewery and much more.
There are some public car parks in the area and these garages are payable, within a short walk from the hostel. All rooms are equipped with a TV, safe and have a private shower and toilet. Excursions can be arranged from the hostel, just ask our friendly staff who are always there to help you. Some of these tours include Amsterdam Canal Boat Tours, Madurodam, Volendam and many other exciting and interesting tours.
Check-in begins at 2pm and check-out is at 11am and there is no curfew.
There are laundry and parking services with a charge, free fax services and WiFi and hairdryer, irons and adaptors are available on request from reception.
• A 5% city tax is not included in the price
• There is a 4% commission charge on credit/debit card payments on arrival
• No smoking in private areas
• We do not allow pets
• There is no lift/elevator
• The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize the first night on credit card 7 days before arrival. In case of declined, your reservation is not guaranteed any more
• Cancellations less than 48 hours in advance and no show will be charged for the first night's stay on your credit card.
• 3 weeks notice is required for cancellations/changes of reservations from the 11th - 16th September, Queens Day and New Year's Eve and any no-show, late cancelations and late modifications will be charged on your credit card for the total amount
• Group booking cancellations of 5 or more rooms/5 or more nights a 7 day cancellation is required otherwise the first 2 nights will be charged on your credit card and the same applies for no show
• Cancellations/changes are only accepted by booking agency or by email
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Bicycle hire
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Reading Light
- Steam Room
- Taxes not included
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Vending Machines
- Wake-up calls
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
All rooms are with private shower and toilet, TV and Safety deposit. Also bedlinnen, bedsheets, towels are included.
-The 15% deposit paid online goes to Hostelworld, the remaining balance plus mandatory 5% city taxes is due on arrival at the hotel.
-We do pre-authorize customer's credit card a week before the arrival date.
- - 6% City tax is excluded.
Cancellations and no-shows:
• For individual travelers, cancellations are free of charge until 72 hours before arrival
• Late cancellation, late modification and no-shows incur a charge of one night at full price for all reserved rooms.
• Late cancellation, late modification and no-shows incur a charge of 2 nights for reservation with a minimum stay restriction.
• For groups*, long stay* and special Events*, cancellations are free of charge until 14 days prior arrival date (local time starts 0:00 AM). In case of late cancellation, late modification or no show, the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
* Groups: reservations of 3 rooms and more are considered as a group;
* Long stay: reservations with stay of 7 and longer are considered as a long stay;
CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH BOOKING AGENCY OR HOTEL DIRECTLY BY EMAIL AND NOT BY TELEPHONE
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From the Airport Schiphol
The station is clearly marked and located in Schiphol Plaza at the center of the airport. Tickets to Amsterdam Centraal Station (one way 2nd class) can be conveniently purchased with a credit card at the yellow ticket booths or at the Dutch Railways ticket counter.
From central station two minutes walking
From The Railway Station
Amsterdam Centraal Station is within walking distance - just 300 meters/yards.
Exit the central station from its main entrance. With the station building behind you, keep to the right. Cross the bridge, then cross the road at the traffic lights and you will find yourself in the pedestrian section of Damrak, Amsterdam's main street, lined with cafe's and just a few steps away from your comfortable bed at Hotel De Damrak-Inn.
Damrak Inn Property is located near the Amsterdam Central Station, red lights district, the Dam Square, the Royal Palace and all of Amsterdams famous attractions such as Rijksmuseum, Sexmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Madam Tussaud and House of Anne Frank.