Heart Of Amsterdam
Heart of Amsterdam is centrally located and surrounded by all the major attractions. Here you will find the Red Light District, Dam Square, shopping, the Beurs van Berlage, Madame Tussaud's, the Royal Palace, lively nightlife, the Amsterdam canal boats and public transport. Everything a tourist needs when visiting Amsterdam is within walking distance.
The guestrooms are themed and designed in a Hollywood style, each one having a movie name, movie story and pictures. Some of these movies are Star Wars, Godfather and American Beauty. There is a reading light beside every bed, flat screen TV and telephone in every room and a safe which requires a refundable €5 deposit. There is a bathroom in every room. Towels are included in linen and are free. Breakfast is not included in the price and is from 3am - 10am at €3 per person. There is also a vending machine in the building with snacks and drinks.
• Check-in starts at 2pm
• Check-out is up to 11am
• There is no curfew
• There is no lift/elevator in the building
• Take care on the city's narrow steps
• Pay phone
• Free info and maps of Amsterdam
Policies & Cancellations
• Cancellations/changes must take place 48 hours prior arrival date
• No shows and late cancellations will be charged for one night
• There is no refund if you change your booking and it reduces the price of the total charge
• There is no smoking in private places
• We do not accept pets
• A 5% city tax is not included in the price
• Heart of Amsterdam reserves the right to pre-authorise the first night on the credit card a week before arrival and your reservation will not be guaranteed if this is declined
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Cable TV
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Reading Light
- Taxes not included
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Vending Machines
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***
- 6% city tax is excluded and needs to be paid on arrival upon check-in.
- No guarantee to get a private room, when 'Dorm' type room is booked.
- The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize the 1st night on credit card 7 days prior to arrival. In case of declined, your reservation is not guaranteed any more.
- The hotel does NOT accept any request on bed type choice (i.e. top/bottom bed or single/bunk bed)
Cancellation & Modification
- If canceled or modified up to 48 hours before the date of arrival ( local time 0:00), no fee will be charged.
- If canceled late or in case of no-show, the first night will be charged.
- If modified late, NO refund for difference in case of reduced total accommodation fee.
- Check in from 14:00 hrs
- Check out until 11:00 hrs
- Breakfast is excluded. (8am-10am; 5 euro p.p.)
Other Hotel Policies
- All private spaces are non-smoking.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Please note that Heart of Amsterdam does not have an elevator, so expect traditional Amsterdam stairs.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Heart of Amsterdam, Oudezijds Achterburgwal 120, Amsterdam, 1012DT, Netherlands
1) From Schiphol Airport: Every 20 minutes there is a train running from the airport to Amsterdam Central Station. When you arrive at the airport and you reach the central hall there is a big sign with the train information. The trains to the central station are running from 05:40 AM to 00:30 AM
2) From Amsterdam Central Station: Go along Damrak till Dam Square, Take left on Damstraat and left again at the second cross to Oudezijds Achterburgwal. The hostel is about 50 meters ahead.
The Heart of Amsterdam hotel is situated on one of the old historic canals of Amsterdam. It is easy to walk from the hotel to most of Amsterdam's main tourist-attractions such as the Royal Palace at Dam Square, the big shopping areas, the Beurs van Berlage, Madame Tussaud's and the famous Amsterdam canal boats.