Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam
Amsterdam Hostel Cosmos is a small, friendly hostel located in the city centre of Amsterdam. We recommend our hostel to people who enjoy a more laidback and calm atmosphere.
Check-in: 12 noon.
We kindly request that all customers confirm their booking at least one day in advance of their arrival.
Payment is due in full upon arrival by cash only. We do not accept credit cards. ATMs and banks are a short walk away. All nights of accommodation must be paid for on arrival or no later than 21:00 hours. On arrival it is not possible to cancel your booking or part of your booking. No refunds due to cancellations on arrival and you will lose your bed(s) for remaining days!
We do not accept multiple group bookings of six or more people. Bookings made under different names for more than five persons will be cancelled!
Prices do not include the 5.5% city tourist tax, which shall be added to your balance upon arrival. Please include this in your budget calculations.
We have a daily lock-out from 12:00 noon to 14:30. You may check-in during this time, however.
If you are more than one hour late without advising the hostel it will be presumed that you are not arriving.
We have a 72hr cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made by email to Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam 72 hours prior to the arrival date (not the arrival time). Late cancellations and no-shows shall be charged the equivalent of the first night’s accommodation for weekday bookings or two nights’ accommodation for weekend bookings (Fri/Sat/Sun). This will be charged to the given credit card.
In case of a booking for more than one person, pleas be aware that booker is responsible for the total amount payable upon arrival. This means that in case one of your friends doesn't come along or doesn't arrive, you will have to pay the full amount for all days and lose the bed for the remaining day(s).
When one does not pay the total amount on arrival, we will charge the credit card of the booker for the total amount plus any additional costs requested by the credit card company.
It is not allowed to bring visitors to the hostel. Please respect this rule as we will ask you to leave our hostel when breaking this rule.
Our hostel is also the permanent residence of Simba, the house cat. Any guest who may be allergic to cats should be mindful of this before booking their stay with us.
We make every effort to accommodate you in the dormitory size of your choice. However, because of the nature of our business, we may have to place you in a different-sized dormitory. As a result the balance to be paid upon arrival may be slightly different than what is stated on your confirmation.
After making the reservation you will receive an email with your booking details and confirmation number. Make sure you bring this confirmation with you to the hostel. Otherwise reservation confusion will be your own responsibility.
We are happy to hold on to your bags but keep in mind that we can only do it for a maximum of three hours.
If you do not receive a booking confirmation from us you do not have a booking.
The Cosmos management and staff reserve the right to refuse accommodation to anyone.
There is a minimum of two nights’ stay at the weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun).
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Age Restriction
- Bicycle hire
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Mini Supermarket
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Safety Deposit Box
- Taxes not included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
• Cancellation policy: 72 hours prior to the arrival date (not the arrival time). In case of a late cancellation or No Show, you will be charged: Late cancellation is 1 night and No Show or weekend bookings (Fri/Sat/Sun) is first 2 nights. This will be charged to the given credit card.
• Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam reserves the right to pre-authorize your card prior to arrival. Please make sure there is enough credit on the given credit card to cover the total amount of the booking. We will pre-authorise (not a charge) the full amount of the reservation directly after the booking is made. The booking will be cancelled if we will not be able to get an pre-authorisation.
• Prices do not include the 5% city tax.
• Please note you will have to pay in cash upon arrival as we do not accept credit cards, ATM's and banks are a short walk away.
• Please note that your full balance due is payable on arrival and non-refundable.
• In case the guest or the one responsible for the booking, does not pay the amount in cash due on arrival, we are forced to charge the amount from the given credit card(s). The charge will include the amount still to pay on arrival, city tax and other costs of merchant or bank.
• Please note that in case of a No-Show you will no longer have a room or bed at Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam. In case of a No-Show the booking will be subject to a No-Show fee equivalent to your stay.
• Checking out or leaving before your actual date of check out, will result in losing your bed(s) or room(s).
• In case of a booking for more than 1 person, you should be aware that booker is responsible for the total amount payable upon arrival.
• This means that in case one of your friends doesn't come along or doesn't arrive, you will have to pay the full amount for all days and loose the bed for the remaining day(s).
• Groups over 6 people cannot book online but should send an email to info @ hostelcosmos.com. Please mention dates, number of people, mixed group (male/female?), age range, room type preference and purpose of the trip. Then we will reply to you personally with an offer for your group.
NY special conditions:
There is a minimum stay of 4 nights required between the 30th December and 2nd January.
Please make sure there is enough credit on the given credit card to cover the total amount of the booking. We will pre-authorise (not a charge) the full amount of the reservation directly after the booking is made.
The booking will be cancelled if we will not be able to get an pre-authorisation.
After payment on arrival in cash, we will release the amount back to your account.
Cancellations have to be notified by e-mail 14 days before the arrival date. After this period we are forced to charge full amount of the reservation.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From SCHIPHOL AIRPORT: Every 20 minutes a train is scheduled from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Central Station. When you arrive at the airport and you reach the central hall (ground floor), there is a large sign with train information. The trains to the Central station are normally running from 05:40 AM to 00:30 AM -
From Amsterdam CENTRAL STATION:
Exit Amsterdam Central Station and go to the Main Square, where you’ll find the tram stand. Take tram number 5 towards the Museum Square stop, that’s the 10th stop, Museumplein. Get off the tram and walk straight ahead on the left hand side walk. Look for a carpet shop called Van Meeuwen, located on 81 Van Baerlestraat Straat. We are located above the carpet shop; the entrance is around the corner, on69-A Frans Van Mierisstraat Street.
A one way ticket will cost you € 3.80 from a vending machine, you will need some coins though. On www.ns.nl you can find all information on travel times and prices in English.