Shelter Jordan Christian Hostel offers comfy, friendly accommodation at great prices in Amsterdam. Here you will find a multicultural atmosphere and you will receive value for money. With its city centre location, you will find it easy to get to all the citys sites and attractions, most of these which are reachable by foot. Central Station, Anne Frank House, Dam Square and Leidse Square are just a few minutes walk away.
All the rooms at this hostel are single sex rooms. Please double check what sex the room you are booking is for, as you will not be guaranteed a room if you book the wrong one. There are rooms accommodating 4, 5, 6 and 8 guests and dorms for 18 guests. Dorms are sectioned off to create a more private environment. All prices include taxes. There are 96 beds in the hostel and compared to the bigger Shelter City, the sister hostel, Shelter Jordan is situated in a quieter area of Amsterdam.
The hostel provides great facilities and a welcoming atmosphere to make your stay more enjoyable. The staff is international, they all speak English and are always happy to help. There is no curfew. If you do not have a padlock for the lockers, you can purchase one from reception.
There is a terrace in the garden and a cafe in the hostel. The cafe offers food and drink and is a nice spot to relax and meet fellow travellers who come from all parts of the world. Smoking, drugs or alcohol are not allowed in the hostel but cigarettes can be smoked in the garden.
Guests of ages 15 to 40 will best suit the hostels atmosphere but anyone over 40 years of age are also welcome.
4 bed rooms 2 or more guests may not always be guaranteed the same room but the staff will try their best to put you in the same room.
4-8 bed rooms - 15 deposit is required for room key. When the key is returned at the end of your stay, you will receive your deposit back.
Cancelations must be notified 2 days prior arrival by phone or email before midnight in Amsterdam. If you fail to do so in the time required, you will be charged for 1 nights stay on your credit card and the rest of your reservation will also be cancelled. If you change your arrival date by phone, email or website, the same rules apply.
Multiple booking policy: If the same name, e-mail or credit card is used in multiple bookings for a total of more than 8 people on the same day then we will apply our group payment and cancellation conditions to be found on www.shelter.nl
Bookings of up to 20 people are accepted via this site, for more people please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to cancel online groups of more than 20 people.
If the group booking is just for one night and is on a Friday, Saturday or one of the following dates around public holidays, then an extra charge of 5 euros will be made per bed booked: 27-31 December 2015, 22-31 March, 26-28 April, 5 &15 May 2016
Last minute offers are not always available and are only available for online bookings.
If you change a booking that was on special offer, expect the price to be higher for the new date. Booking and cancelation policy applies as normal.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Free Breakfast
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Safe Deposit Box
- Taxes not included
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
• We have a 2 day cancellation policy. If you want to cancel your reservation, please log into your personal Hostelworld account and make the changes before midnight (Amsterdam time) two days before your arrival date. Cancellation by phone is not accepted. Late cancellations and no-shows shall be charged the equivalent of the first night's accommodation. These conditions also apply if the date of arrival has been changed by phone or email. Once you have arrived, paid and checked in it is not possible to receive a refund if you decide to leave early.
• Taxes not included - city tax 6.00 % per person per night. City Tax is to be paid upon check-in.
• If you are charged a no show charge, then the city tax will transfer into a cancellation fee.
• Bag drop-off from 08:00, rooms available to use from 13:30. This hostel is smoke-free, drug-free and alcohol-free. You may smoke cigarettes in the courtyard. There's no curfew or lockout.
• A Passport or government issued identity card (for EU citizen) is required upon check-in.
• If you have booked the four-person room for two or more people, we can't guarantee you'll be put in the same room but we will try our best. Our dorms are segregated by gender; if you book the wrong room we can't guarantee your accommodation.
• There are free lockers. Please bring your own padlock or buy one at reception.
• The last-minute internet special offers are only available on online bookings and for a limited time period. Changes to existing bookings which include the special offer prices may result in new (higher) prices being applied to the previously discounted night(s). If the same name, e-mail or credit card is used in multiple bookings for a total of more than 8 people on the same day then we will apply our group payment and cancellation conditions.
• For group bookings the full amount plus 100 euro refundable deposit will be charged to your credit card 4 weeks before arrival. There is an extra charge of 5 Euro if you make a group booking for just one night and it's a Friday, bookings of up to 20 people are accepted via this site. For more people please e-mail email@example.com We reserve the right to cancel online groups of more than 20 people.
• A keycard is mandatory for entering the hostel and for lost key card 7.50 euros will be charged.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From Schiphol Airport:
Take bus 197 from Schiphol to Marnixstraat (last stop). Walk left on Marnixstraat to the big road junction. Cross the road and the canal and turn left on Lijnbaansgracht. Walk on the right side of the water on Lijnbaansgracht. First right is Bloemstraat and we're at number 179, just around the corner.
You can also take a train to Centraal Station and follow the instructions below.
From Centraal Station:
Take tram 13 or 17 from Central Station. You can buy your ticket on the tram (about 3 euro). Get off at the fourth stop called Marnixstraat. Before the bridge, turn right into Lijnbaansgracht. Take the first right into Bloemstraat. Shelter Jordan is at number 179.
Or go by foot (a 20 minutes walk). From the front of Central Station, turn right on the main road (Prins Hendrikkade) and cross the first canal (Singel) and turn immediately left along the canal. Take the second street on the right and walk alongside the canal (Brouwersgracht). Turn left at Prinsengracht (the third canal you'll come to) and walk along the right hand side. After 650 metres, turn right into Bloemstraat. Shelter Jordan is at the far end, at number 179.
From Eurolines bus station:
The Eurolines bus station is next to Amstel Station. Take tram 12 to De Clercqstraat and we're a five-minute walk towards the centre. Turn left on Lijnbaansgracht and then right into Bloemstraat.
From Amstel Station you can also take metro 51, 53 or 54 to Centraal Station. From Centraal Station take tram 13 or 17 (see info above).
From the ring road A10 West, take exit S105. Drive to the end of the S105 (Nassaukade). Go straight ahead and cross Marnixstraat. Go over the bridge. Immediately turn right into Lijnbaansgracht. The second street on your left is Bloemstraat. Shelter Jordan is at number 179. For parking we recommend the P+R system and the car park at Bos en Lommer.
The Anne Frank House is just at the end of our street and we're located between Dam Square and Leidse Plein.