Chingcha is inspired by the Giant Swing, the national heritage and one of famous landmarks in Bangkok old town area, which was formally used for Brahmin ceremony in the past.
We designed our place to blend in with the authentic Thai atmosphere surrounding us, transformed the 5 storeys commercial building to the beautiful and unique hostel, located in the heart of the Bangkok city and are within walking distance from several attractions such as the Grand Palace, the Emerald Buddha, Khaosan Road including the museums and several piers to enjoy traveling by boat along the Chaophraya River.
The rooms come with the nice view from the Giant Swing and old town surrounding. We offer our guests with the quality bed, in-room cable TV, the fluffy pillows, cozy duvet as well as the 'Chingcha welcome kit', the Chingcha's signature tote bag which includes a complimentary bottle of water, mini snack and free towel for their comfort stay. And you are also very welcome to our rooftop cafe & bar on the 6th floor, the bar will be available from 17:00 to 00.00 , to offer you the nice drink and 'worth to try' local snack and the beautiful view.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- Air Conditioning
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Card Phones
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Key Card Access
- Late check-out
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Mini Supermarket
- Non Smoking
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels Included
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 7 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1. Check-in Time: from 14:00 to 23:00.
(1) Early check-in is subject to availability upon arrival.
- To guarantee your early check-in, we recommend you to book another night prior to your arrival date.
- You are allowed to use our facilities while waiting for your check-in time, we are pleased to keep your luggage with us at no additional cost.
(2) Passport is strictly required for check-in, however please make sure that your personal data will be kept privately.
2. Check-out Time: before 12:00 (noon).
** Late checkout is based on availability.
- If you wish to check out before 18:00, 50% of normal rate will be charged and after18:00 will be charged a full night’s charge.
- In the event of early checkout, the remaining nights will be charged.
3. Payment: Full balance must be paid in cash (THB) only upon checking in.
4. Deposit: A THB300 deposit will be collected upon your check-in time.
(1) The deposit will be returned to the customer when we receive the good condition of the key card and towel on your check-out. (2) The deposit will not be returned in case of Lost or Damage of the key card or towel.
5. Cancellation Policy:
(1) All Amendment and Cancellation must be in writing by Email in advance; it should be done more than 7 days prior to your arrival date.
- Telephone call are not allowed and sufficient notification of cancellation.
(2) Cancellation made less than 7 days before arrival date will incur a penalty of one night’s cancellation fee.
(3) Cancellation made during your stay at Chingcha, you will be charged at full amount due.
(4) Failure to arrive at the hostel will be treated as No Show and the full amount will be charged.
(5) Booking amendment is subject to the availability.
6. Age Restriction:
(1) A minimum age of guest to check in at Chingcha is 18 years old.
(2) Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
7. Child and Extra Bed:
(1) An infant under the age of 2 years old can share an existing bed with his/her parents with free of charge.
(2) A maximum of 1 child with the age above 2 to 10 years old can stay in a private room and share an existing bed with his/her parents with additional charge of 20% from the full amount.
(3) Children above the age of 10 to 17 years old will be counted as an adult and will be charged for 100% of the room rate, but they are not permitted to stay in our dorm rooms alone.
(4) The hostel doesn’t provide any extra bed or the baby cot.
(5) Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
8. Reception Working Hours 24 hours.
9. Non-smoking room only and no smoking for all area.
- The smoking area is provided at the seating area on the ground floor, in front of Chingcha Hostel building.
10. Pets are not allowed.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
1.) From Suwannabhumi Int'l Airport By Taxi
Taxis can be found on 1st floor (Arrivals).
For destinations in Bangkok you will be charged on the meter rate which is in itself regulated by the Department of Land Transport. Note that the flag-fall charge is 35 Baht which will be displayed on the meter when you start the journey. If you travel via the express-way you will have to pay the tolls.
The old town area will typically involve two to three tolls;
The meter trip for this journey would be approximately 300 to 500 Baht ,depending on the traffic condition.
On top of the meter , you will also need to pay the fixed airport surcharge of 50 Baht.
1. Passenger drop off at Departures (level 4 - outer curb)
2. Contact Taxi counter, Level 1 - Ground Level, near entrances 4 and 7
3. Pick up area: taxi stand Level 1 - Ground Level
4. Buy the Taxi fare: 50 Baht.
5. Distance from Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Chingcha is about 38 Kms
2) From Suwannbhumi by Airport Rail Link train to Phayathai station + Taxi to ChingCha Bangkok Hostel
- Ticket fare is 45 baht / person / single trip (from airport to Phayathai BTS Station)
- Continue by Taxi approximately 150- 200 baht (depending on traffic condition)
3) From Donmuang Airport to ChingCha Bangkok Hostel by Taxi.
Taxi counter at 1st floor in front of the Arrival Halls.
- Service available 24 hrs.
- Taxi fare approximately 300 - 500 Baht (exclude 50 Baht surcharge from airport taxi service and approx.100 Baht for the express way fees), distance from airport to Chingcha Hostel is about 32 Kms.
4) From Donmuang Int'l Airport Airport By Airport Bus service
ChingCha guests can take the bus no. A4 from Donmuang International Airport to Democracy Monument - Khaosan Rd. - ended at Royal Plaza Sanam Luang (The Pramane Ground). The bus will pick up the passenger at Terminal 1 gate no. 6 and terminal 2 gate no.12 from 7:00 to 23:00. The bus fare is 50THB throughout. ChingCha Bangkok is on 'Siriphong Road', right in front of the 'Giant Swing' and 'the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration'.
ChingCha is only 10 minutes walk from the Democracy Monument then turn left Dinso Road and turn right to the Giant Swing.
It is easy to find the public bus or Tuk Tuk, the 3 wheels motorbike taxi, to travel around. And just tell them on your way back to go to Giant Swing or Sao Chingcha (in Thai) then look for us.
The charm of Phranakorn District in old day was transmitted via The Giant Swing and local communities, which is one of famous landmarks in Bangkok's old town area. The Giant Swing is a religious structure was formally used for Brahmin ceremony in the past.It still remains alive until the present.