Feel At Home Backpackers
Female Dorm, Mixed Dorms, Roof Top, Indian, Thai Restaurant, Bar, WiFi works everywhere.... :)
Feel At Home Backpackers; a chain business; we exist in Singapore and Thailand. It’s a budget hostel for all those tourists who are interested to save their money, but can enjoy maximum facilities and the best location. In Bangkok, we are very near to the famous KHAO SAN road (5 minutes walk only). Here we can book your buses, trains, tours for other destinations.
We are having Dorms i.e. Female dorms and Mixed Dorms.
Female Dorms are having 6 individual beds; your locker is 6 feet long and 3 feet in width. You have to use your own padlocks. If you don’t have the locks, you can buy it from a nearby departmental store which is 2 minutes walking distance from us.
Mixed Dorms are having 10 beds, the room is quite big and having a lot of space. Your lockers are 3 feet x 3 feet so means you can place 2-3 backpack bags in that very easily. Please remember to use your own padlocks.
Feel At Home Backpackers highlight features include:
- Free WiFi everywhere in Premises, including Roof Top.
-Free Individual Lockers.
-Free Linens, Duvets, and Luggage Deposit.
-Free Internet Access and Computers.
-Free access to guide books and non-fictions.
-Free Maps and travel advice.
-Free Private and Public Satellite TV and Movies.
-Free Office Supplies Facilities.
-Free usage of hair-dryers.
-Paid Laundry – quick service.
-Enjoy Water, Coke, Beer, etc. at very nominal rates
- Restaurant (Indian Food & Thai Food)
Common Room: Our common rooms is good enough for you to become social and enjoy the stuff like playing carom, cards etc.
More on our location:
You will find that we're in a unique part of Bangkok, within the Rattanakosin Island area and close to both the Chao Phraya river and the many canals flowing through this 'island'. You'll see traditional Chinese / the families living and making a living in all the streets around us:
Feel At Home Backpackers is located one block away from the Krung Kasem canal which joins with the Maha Nak canal below the Golden Mountain. It gives those who seek a little walking adventure through authentic Thai neighborhoods a perfect insight of untouched Thai relaxed lifestyle within the local communities. You will be able to experience the real friendliness of the locals which so often is overshadowed by tourist scams and businesses giving many the wrong impression of true Thailand. Once at the Golden Mountain, you may also take a canal boat on an exciting journey through the center of Bangkok...the possibilities to explore around here are limitless!
The standing Buddha, Rama 8 bridge and Dusit Zoo are all in walking distance...
5min walk from our location is the famous nightlife of Kao San Road and a little further is the Grand Palace and Wat Po (reclining Buddha) making this a perfect location for starting day tours in any direction...
* Please do note that the Hostel Authorities will wait for your arrival maximum till next 5 hours of your given ARRIVAL TIME while making your online booking. If between no information about delay in arrival, we have the full rights to consider you NO-SHOW as well as cancel your booking and no refund will be there.
* Please do note that we have a strict policy about 48 hours cancellation/modification. If you are making booking less then this time, still the same policy will be applicable for cancellation or making any modification.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Card Phones
- Ceiling Fan
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Late check-out
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Mini Supermarket
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pet Friendly
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Steam Room
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
OUR PREMISES LOCATION:
Our location makes us more famous in our respected loving backpackers. We are located just 4 streets away from Khao San Road; which takes only 3 minutes walking distance.
For your Maps application: please note:
If you are coming via Taxi please tell him to drop you exactly at Siat Banglampu. (Siat means Traffic Junction in Thai) We are just 20 meters from Junction on Chakrapong / Chakrabongse Road.
CHECK-IN DETAILS / REQUIREMENTS:
1. CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIME: Check in Begins at 2 PM. Check out time is 12 Noon.
2. We need your passport and Departure card at the time of CHECKING-IN.
3. Please do note that if your arrival will be delayed by more than three hours according to your given time while making booking, please kindly inform us otherwise your bed will be re-opened.
4. We have a 24 hrs reception, so don’t worry for late CHECKING-IN.
5. We accept only cash in THB. Credit card only in case of any emergency to the Guest via PayPal. It will cost you THB 15 + 3.9% extra.
6. We reserve the right to terminate your stay if you refuse to respect other guests or violate our house rules.
7. We sincerely apologies while not accepting the Thai Passport or ID card.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND SERVICE FEES:
8. Guests will be charged the full amount of their stay if their reservation is not cancelled 48h prior to check in time at midday. If you wish to cancel any reservations please cancel through Hosteworld.com, we DO NOT accept email cancellations. Groups of 4 or more need to cancel at least 7 days in advance.
9. We have a service fee of THB 30.00 once you check out. If you want to use our services like luggage storage, want to take shower after check out, using wifi-internet, rooftop, etc., you have to pay this amount. But if you are going out from hostel with your luggage before 12 noon; in that case we will refund you this amount.
COMMON ROOM - ROOFTOP
10. We have a common room for you guys, enjoy light home theater & enjoy your drinks while making wonderful friends. Or might be you want to get chill at ROOFTOP.
11. We have big lockers underneath your beds and having lockers for small backpacks too, can enjoy both the lockers and feel safe.
12. Our reception is for 24 hrs. CCTV camera recording 24 hrs. Underneath bed lockers and small backpack lockers for your valuables are there. Other then this room keys are always with you.
13. For safety reasons we do not allow guests' friends in to the room areas without staff being present. Any guests who wish to bring in friends may do so in the lobby area only.
14. Alcohol, smoking and food (with certain exceptions) is not tolerated within the bed room areas. Bed rooms are a retreat to relax, sleep, enjoy downtime etc.. and not to party!
MISCELLENOUS BUT IMPORTANT:
15. Our maximum staff can speak English and ready to assist you always with smile.
16. You can store luggage for longer at very affordable fees with us.
17. We are having train tickets, bus tickets, Tours, Cruise, buses for airport etc to make you easy. We have Airport dropping service from our hostel only.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
1. From the international airport:
You may take a taxi towards Kao San area or Banglampoo. The Chakrabongse/Samsen intersection is a very famous road so most taxi drivers will know where it is. The normal fare from the airport to the city is about 350 - 450THB/taxi and this should include your highway toll fees (~70THB).
The airport express train may be a cheaper option at 15- 45THB/pers and the exit station is Phaya Thai from which you will have to take a taxi for 60-70THB/taxi or an ongoing Skytrain to Siam square and then buses 47 or 15 into this area (the 47 bus stop is under the National Stadium BTS station going away from Siam). The bus fare is 7THB/pers and exit station will be on Ratchadamnoen rd. (past democracy monument) next to Kao San rd.
If there is heavy traffic we advise you to walk to the canal next to Jim Thompson's Museum (5min walk from National Stadium, just ask a local) and take the canal boat to Golden Mountain (Ratchadamnoen rd. past democracy monument) and then walk from there...
2. From the domestic airport Don Mueang:
You may take bus 59 or the A1 to Mo Chit and then buses 3 or 524 to Samsen Road. A taxi should run at around 300THB on a meter including the highway tolls.
You could take a train into Hua Lamphong train station and then bus 53 but this will take much longer!
3. From southern bus terminal: Take bus 516, 524, 30 towards Ratchadamnoen rd next to Kao San rd.
4. From northern bus terminal: Take bus 3, 524 or 9 towards Samsen rd. and Phra Sumen area.
From eastern bus terminal: Take the skytrain to National Stadium and/or Siam square and take buses 47 or 15 to Ratchadamnoen rd. or take bus 2 all the way to Ratchadamnoen rd. (past democracy monument)
5. By boat: Coming from Sathorn Taksin bridge take taxi boat exit N13/Phra Athit. Fares are usually around 15THB/ride/pers. ***This is a very good alternative to avoid road traffic and rush hours/street events.***
Directions when walking from Khao San Rd. starting at the Police Station:
Take Chakrapong road and walk towards Phra Sumen road intersection. You will pass Universe INN on your left and two smaller Sois on your right.We are located on the right hand side, house nr 214 just before you hit the traffic light between two gold/jewelry stores.
Please be aware of tuk tuk scams (20THB tuktuk rides) or expensive taxis from airports or stations stating there is traffic, holidays etc. Bangkok always has traffic and they have to by law turn on their meter! Tuk tuks do not run on meters but they will try and drop you off at overpriced shops to get their commissions...
***We have included a picture with our map and address written in Thai in the gallery. Please download it and show to your taxi driver on arrival!***
We are located in the center and very famous area of Bangkok. It is located very near only 2 min walking distance from very FAMOUS KHAO SAN ROAD. We are located on the main road i.e. Chakraphong Road.
Please always tell taxi driver to drop you either at
1. Siat Banglampu (Siat means Junction) and then walk towards for 20 Meters only. We are located on the main road only.
2. Please tell taxi driver to drop you at 'Tang Hua Seng Store', walk against the traffic for 70 meters only.