Basel Back Pack
Basel Backpack - Urban Hostel Culture. Basels first Backpacker-Inn and Guesthouse with Bar-Cafe. Inexpensive guest- and family rooms in middle of culture and leisure, 10 min from Basel SBB station. Basel mobility-ticket incl.!
The Basel Backpack lies in the Gundeldinger Feld, a refurbished factory from 1826. Freshly renovated with warm colors, the BaselBackPack offers a cozy ambience in loft style. There are 80 beds in private double-, triple-, quad- and family-rooms and inexpensive beds in dorms, shared showers and toilets are next to the rooms.
A self-catering kitchen, a lounge and hang-out with internet, vending machines, laundry and dryer , everything is handicapped accessible and operates according to the 2000-Watts-Society. Our Bar-Caf PriMateria serves snacks and refreshments from breakfast to a late cocktail to cool sounds. The Gundeldinger Feld area offers restaurants, bistros, bars, playground, indoor climbing, pilates-studio, library, ateliers, theater, circus- and dancing schools, and houses various offices and services.
Basel - Culture Unlimited. The university city and Swiss Culture Capital is a sensational site with rich cultural-, historical-, leisure- and culinary offerings, numerous research-, sports-, industrial-, trade and educational institutions of world prominence. Be inspired by our great city on river Rhine, the northern portal to Switzerland.
The Basel Backpack in- and outside:
* 80 Beds in single-/double-/triple-/quad-/5bed- or 10-bed rooms
* Cafe/Bar with lounge and terrace
* Breakfast, half-, full-board and catering to your needs
* Self-cooking kitchen, elevator, handicap friendly
* Internet, drink- and snack vending machines
* laundry machine and dryer
* 10 min (750m) to the station Basel SBB, tramway 100m
* Basel mobility-ticket (zones 10/11) included in your room rate
* The Gundeldinger Feld with its restaurants, bistros, playground, indoor climbing,
pilates-studio, library, ateliers, theatre, circus- and dancing schools
Basel - culture unlimited, the cultural capitol of Switzerland:
* 40 Museums, from Historic to the Vitra Design Museum
* More than 20 galleries, from Armin Vogt to Rusterholtz
* Theater, musicals, operas, famous carnival and fun fair
* Concerts from pop in the Atlantis to Pink Floyd in the St.Jakob stadium
* Art&Architecture from Herzog DeMeuron to Tinguely
* Fine dining, going out, shopping
* Bike- and Sightseeing-tours in the ancient city and river Rhine
* EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse with EasyJet destination
* Fair host city Basel (IGEHO, BaselWorld, MuBa, Orbit,..)
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Book exchange
- Breakfast not included
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Service
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Safety Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
How to get here with public transportation:
- To Basel SBB, in the train station on the main passenger bridge, exit next to Media Markt
- On Guterstrasse turn left and walk 700m towards the church you see
..or take tramway 16 from the station for 2 stops and get off at Tellplatz
- On square Tellplatz turn right into Bruderholzstrasse, walk one block
- On Dornacherstrasse it says D192 & Gundeldinger Feld on the wall of the building left hand side.
- Inside this area, walk up the yard about 150m straight to reception - welcome!
How to get here with your car:
- Motorway A2, exit Basel-Sud City, direction Basel-City
- Turn right into Munchensteinerstrasse, after 220m follow to Thiersteiner-Allee
- After 330m turn right into Dornacherstrasse, on left hand side you see Gundeldinger Feld
The Basel Backpack is located a short walk (10 minuntes) away from the main train station Basel SBB. The Basel Backpack lies in the Gundeldinger Feld, a refurbished factory from 1826. It is close to the city center and all of town is fast accessible with public transportation (Trams 15, 16 and Bus 36).