Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Rooms
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Steam Room
- Taxes not included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Please, note that this is a NONE smoking Hostel.
Though we do have a 24h reception and check out times are very flexible we might ask you to leave at 12 noon, depending on the sort of Dorm/Room you have booked. Also, note that we allow you to keep your luggage in the luggage store as long as there is space and use some of the facilities. For more questions, please, consult the property directly
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From the main TRAIN station and international BUS arrivals:
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A BUILDING WITH NO37!
WE ARE IN THE HOUSE JUST BIT MORE BELOW IT!
BY TRAM (10 minutes ride):
TAKE TRAM NO.2 (it runs from 04:20 - 23:20 tickets available from the driver or newspaper stands) - direction Kalemegdan(Dorcol) - and get off on the 5th stop(from the train station 5stops; from the international bus arrivals 4stops) right after it pasts the Kalemegdan park and turns right.
You will be in Cara Dusana street. Get across the street turn right and walk until you reach second street on the left. We are in a HOUSE opposite of the basketball/football pitch. Cara Urosa street no37b
Follow Karadjordjeva Street heading LEFT, (that is the one in front of the train station and international bus arrivals) following the tram tracks up to the fortress - park Kalemegdan 10 minutes walk, then U-turn to the right and follow the hill/park on your left side. Turn left in the first street, still following the park. Walk up and down hill til you reach the end of the park on your left side. Turn right there in Cara Dusana street and follow the tram tracks. The 3rd street on the left/second on the right is CARA UROSA street, we are in no 37b just next to the basketball/football pitch.
From the Airport:
We organize pick ups for a fixed price.
You can go with a shuttle to the Slavija sq.
From here, you can catch a cheap taxi to us, get city bus or trolley bus 31, 21, 22 or 29 towards the students park (last stop) and then, walk to the 2nd street turn right, go down the hill until you reach wide road with tram tracks Cara Dusana street, left and then 1st right
Taxi ride from the Bus or Railway Stations should cost you 4 - 5 Euros tops (approximately 400 - 450 dinars)
DONT TAKE THE ONES IN FRONT OF THEM
BEO and BEOGRADSKI TAXI WILL CHARGE YOU UP TO 5 TIMES MORE
From the Airport it should cost around 15 Euros (approximately 1500 dinars)
Street signs are in Cyrillic so check our map where you will find the street names in both Cyrillic and roman Latin.
Literately next door from Star Hostel:
- Kalemegdan, where Belgrade was founded in 9th century, Belgrade's most important site, biggest park, favourite place for walks meetings and nightlife.
- Kalemegdan Park also features:
- Military Museum
- All year around Exhibition of WW 1 & 2 guns, tanks, trunks, etc.
- Best panoramic view of Belgrade
- Handicraft market
- Strahinjica bana Street, Belgrade's best known street for bars (aka the Silicon Valley)
- Where Strahinjica bana ends Bohemian Quarter starts Skadarska Street dates from mid 1800s
- Oldest building in Belgrade Bajrakli mosque dates from 1575
- Oldest house in Belgrade Cara Dusana Street dates from 1725
- Main pedestrian walkway knez Mihailova Street Belgrade's favourite shopping/ walking district
- Republic Square favourite meeting point
- Question mark tavern, oldest one in the city (from 1823)
- Several museums, such as: Ethnographical, National, Fresco, Serbian Orthodox Church and Applied Art Museum
In our neighbourhood there is also:
- City centre's best known Serbian fast food to go 24h
- 24h markets, bakery, fast food, fish fast food
- City transport to the rest of the city & train and bus station
- Students Park free WI-FI
- Authentic Serbian restaurant
- Authentic Serbian open air market ;Bajloni& Pijaca
- Hairdressers, post offices, bookstores, pharmacies, etc.